Talk

Advanced search

With an Iceytek of gin, sat round the campfire discussing death socks and Swallowdale...

(12 Posts)
SeaShellsMyDogSmells Fri 22-Jul-11 20:54:24

...we merrily chat on!!

The previous thread was causing my phone to grind to a halt so I thought I'd start another general chat thread fo all those stck at home and not on an ABA

<sobs>

I've had visitors the last 3 Days...they've left and I have one night before the next lot arrive for 6days arrrrrgh wine brew biscuit wine brew biscuitand on and on...

Dh has gone public and announce to friends he really likes the 5m bell tent and that once I start working again he will have no excuses left not to get one

<does victory dance>

MisSalLaneous Fri 22-Jul-11 21:19:20

Yay re bell! <<joins in merry dance>> So... when are you starting work again?

I'm having camping withdrawal symptoms. Have weekend after next open, wonder if I'd find any spaces anywhere nice - probably not close enough for a weekend, but will spend some time looking now anyway, just in case.

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Fri 22-Jul-11 21:52:41

3 weeks, but won't earn a penny until ds1 becomes eligible for free hours, so will be next camping season but hey it's a positive result!

Just watching the Norwegian bomb and shooting unfold. Luckily friends and family are safe but it's such a small country the reverberations will be felt so strongly. The shooter was Norwegian sad

Just realised this thread may overlap with the ABA thread, but not to worry, I liked the title grin

Beamur Fri 22-Jul-11 21:55:20

Hello.
I'm off camping to North Devon next week. It might even be sunny on the day we plan to go!
No bell tents here though, just an 'easy-up' (not so easy down...) Khyham tent.

notwavingjustironing Fri 22-Jul-11 21:56:42

Ooh crikey was not setting out with a rival thread! Was trying to include all of us "old" contributors even those who weren't going anywhere

<slinks off to Mallorca until actually seen again - thought I was helping x)

MisSalLaneous Fri 22-Jul-11 21:59:13

Yes yes, the important thing is the fight is won! Actually, even better - dh actually wants it too. You must have some persuasion skills!

So sad re bombing and shooting. There are just no words, it's so awful. I saw you posted on the other thread, but didn't know whether you'd mind me asking. So glad to hear your friends and family are ok. Are you Norwegian, or dh? (Or both?) I feel about 80 years old, but the only thought I keep getting back to is "What is happening to this world?!" sad

On a happier note, yes, I love the thread title!! The way your last thread has gone, both will be filled up in 2 days anyway...

ReshapeWhileDamp Fri 22-Jul-11 21:59:47

Nice new pitch, SeaShells! grin <plonks bum on glampy striped deckchair, gets fingers trapped> Good news re. 5m bell tent, too.

I was on the point of taking down my bell today because it hadn't rained all day and the canvas certainly felt bone-dry (it's been up over a week in the garden now, am trying not to think about the 'grass' underneath) and then the heavens opened. hmm Maybe this weekend. How long do they tend to take to dry out entirely, given cloudy-but-dry weather?

I'm also watching the unfolding news from Norway. They keep on showing that helicopter shot of the island with all the tents in the clearing, and I keep on thinking what a lovely place it looks to camp. sad

MisSalLaneous Fri 22-Jul-11 22:00:54

grin notwaving. You bit show-off with Mallorca. wink

funnypeculiar Fri 22-Jul-11 22:04:22

<slinks in> can anyone join? Off to Vendee on Sunday - to a campsite we went to 2 years ago (even in the same pitch!) - completely disorganised - we're hoping everything is still in the camping boxes <gibber>

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Fri 22-Jul-11 22:06:30

Notwaving come back!!! I meant I'd overlaped with you! wine all round smile

Dh is Norwegian and is rather stunned. Looks like a Norwegian did it, not sure which is worse. If it's jihad, then the far right will grow scarily strong, one almost hopes that's not the case. They have just found a failed car bomb on the island.

Any how.... My swallowdale book is near broken from reading it so many times as a child.

SeaShellsMyDogSmells Fri 22-Jul-11 22:17:16

Drag your deck chairs over here ladies-and don't forget the wine!!

m.mumsnet.com/Talk/camping/1264693-The-Glass-of-Wine-The-Campfire-and-The-Awfully-Big-Adventure

Keep us all together otherwise my brain fries!! (I am a bear of very little brain!)

<stumbles off thread clutching iceytek of gin>

MisSalLaneous Fri 22-Jul-11 22:25:25

Oh SeaShells, how awful. sad

<<grabs Crabbies - my new favourite drink - and runs to gin thread>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now