Advanced search

Breatheable Groundsheets?

(3 Posts)
lovecat Thu 21-Jul-11 22:14:33

I've been looking at National Trust campsites and have noticed a lot of them specify breatheable groundsheets.

Anyone know what they are? A quick google has thrown up lots of pictures of rubbery mesh looking things - do they go under your tent like a footprint or are they meant to take the place of a groundsheet?

Does this mean if you have a SIG you can't camp there? Although the tent has a ZIG, we tend to keep it zipped up because if DD's spider phobia... I can't see a trip where we are 'open' to the elements going down well with her...

Slubberdegullion Fri 22-Jul-11 08:01:00

yup they are the rubbery mesh looking things.

I would imagine when they say they have to be used this is for caravan awnings and not tent.

Phone and ask re the tent but tbh considering the number of tents that come come with sigs I can't see how they can insist on using a breathable groundsheet.

I've been to sites where you have to move your tent after a week to keep the grass alive, maybe the NT ask for the same if you can't use a breathable groundsheet.

kateecass Fri 22-Jul-11 17:26:44

Our campsite says breathable groundsheets for caravan awnings. I checked cos someone on here asked the same question as you and got me panicking!

I don't see how it could be tents anyway as they don't have breathable groundsheets these days in general

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: