Talk

Advanced search

Tesco camping deals

(7 Posts)
ReshapeWhileDamp Wed 20-Jul-11 21:23:43

Apologies if this has already been flagged up, but I was in a superstore-sized Tesco today, and was, ah, detained by all the camping stuff. grin V cheap tents (presume you get what you pay for) but also SIMs reduced to a tenner (I'd have bought one if the thickness matched my Aldi ones, but it's only 2.5 cm thick), portable/collapsable water container for under 3 quid, pretty melamine beakers, bowls and plates, reduced to very little (I bought a set of these, 4 of them, for £2.50. Pedlars sell them for £3.50 each and I think Emma Bridgewater had the identical same ones for even more), sporks, cookware, chairs ... all bargainous and almost all on offer/reduced, presumably because of the shite weather we're all having. hmm

I came home with bowls, beakers, a water carrier and a Spork for DS1 because he liked the idea of it and had never seen one before: look mummy! it's a spoon! and now it's a fork! (He doesn't know what the knife bit is for, hope he doesn't try to saw through the wall of the tent with it.)

queenoffairies Thu 21-Jul-11 13:07:42

thanks Reshape - I went this morninggrin Got a cook/pan set for a tenner - I can't stop playing with it, its like those little Russian dolls that all pack inside each otherblush

Next stop - Asda!

Blu Thu 21-Jul-11 15:58:18

oh, those beakers are a great buy!

Do Aldi still have the SIMs?

mogs0 Thu 21-Jul-11 19:33:14

I bought a mini Cadac bbq/cooker thingy there last week - £50 reduced to £25! I love it. I was quite tempted by the cups but I already have a few blush. We have a few Tesco sporks - they're great!

EggyAllenPoe Thu 21-Jul-11 19:35:40

they have some very pretty moroccasn style lamps for £4.00 ..temptiferating...

ReshapeWhileDamp Thu 21-Jul-11 20:11:47

Blu, I rang my local Aldi yesterday and they'd finally sold out of SIMs. sad I'd have made the trip specially if they had one left - they seem really good and we could do with a third to make a family bed for DH, me and DS2. So I'm on the look-out for another cheapy one, 5cm thick!

They had lots of everything that I fancied, really - only the fact that DS1 was getting whiny and DS2 was struggling to break out of the sling made me move on from that aisle.

ENormaSnob Fri 22-Jul-11 09:36:54

Noooo

I need to save for my holiday not buy more camping stuff.

But I can't resist blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now