Talk

Advanced search

Campsites in North Yorkshire - preferably near pickering / mountain biking forests?

(13 Posts)
Concordia Mon 18-Jul-11 18:14:39

Any recommendations? All the ones i find online seem to be caravans only, we are definitely a tent!

onanightlikethis Mon 18-Jul-11 18:18:31

spiers house. can mountain bike from ur tent. very nice site.

Concordia Mon 18-Jul-11 18:22:26

hi digbert, thanks, had heard of spiers house but don't really want to do made up for your arrival tents, would prefer to take own stuff- cannot find how to book for just a normal tent anyway online.

Malcontentinthemiddle Mon 18-Jul-11 18:23:04

The Golden Square, Wrelton, and another one whose name I am struggling to remember....

Malcontentinthemiddle Mon 18-Jul-11 18:23:36

Upper Carr!

onanightlikethis Mon 18-Jul-11 18:25:01

can take own tent there, we did last year....

TheHappyCamper Mon 18-Jul-11 19:25:14

Upper carr and black bull are both very good and directly opposite each other. Also a C&C site near the Hole of Horcum.

Lots of great mountain biking in Dalby Forest as well - you could camp in either Whitby or Scarborough.

Concordia Tue 19-Jul-11 12:12:04

Oh, thanks everyone, i knew i would get lots of advice on mn. Now to get booking.
Can you all fix the weather too please?

munstersmum Tue 19-Jul-11 12:13:53

Cropton forest - owned by forestry commission. they put tents one side of track & caravans another!

GingerWrath Tue 19-Jul-11 13:18:49

Yep, Spiers House Cropton forest, you can book to take your own stuff here

Fabulous forest all round. Bike shed doubles as a pub selling real ale from a micro brewery down the road. We were there 2 weeks ago!

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Tue 19-Jul-11 13:22:08

here is nice and just outside of Pickering

JetLi Tue 19-Jul-11 21:27:13

This place is fab: exprospectfarmcamping.co.uk/

Mountain bike trails direct from the campsite.

lily333 Wed 20-Jul-11 21:06:12

there are loads, rosedale is fab and then there are a few very basic (but lovely) ones next to farms just on the outskirts of dalby forest, have a look on the ukcamping website......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now