Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vango Icarus 500- does it have two doors and does it have a divider in the bedroom?

(20 Posts)
waitingtobeamummy Sun 17-Jul-11 10:25:19

Just when I thought we were ready to buy it dh starts to faff. He's convinced himself it only has one door and that the bedroom is one big bedroom with no divider at all. Naturally I have disagreed with him constantly. . . . . but now I just need to check! grin

waitingtobeamummy Sun 17-Jul-11 10:26:02

I mean one entry door not bedroom door!

Furball Sun 17-Jul-11 10:28:41

It has two separate doors. and the divider you can either have rolled down to make 2 rooms or rolled up to make one big room.

Furball Sun 17-Jul-11 10:30:02

piccy here of the two bedroom doors

Furball Sun 17-Jul-11 10:30:56

and the two doors obviously

waitingtobeamummy Sun 17-Jul-11 10:32:43

Thank you! I knew I was right. Damn him and his faffiness!

Furball Sun 17-Jul-11 10:45:23

tis a good tent - very very easy pitch. I sadly sold mine as we bought a caravan.

How many are there of you? IMHO as a 5 birth it would be very very cramped.

waitingtobeamummy Sun 17-Jul-11 11:14:25

Theres only us two for now so should be fine. . . I saw some bad reviews on uk campsite (about 12 bad and 100odd good) and I started to doubt it so thanks for comment. Not just dh who is faffy!

Furball Sun 17-Jul-11 13:49:45

for 2 tis more than ample.

notwavingjustironing Sun 17-Jul-11 19:10:05

I love it very much and there are 3 of us normally and sometimes DH too.

Although we have slept 5 3 of whom were children and I chose to sleep in the living area (we have the awning too which is an amazing addition).

CoffeeMad Sun 17-Jul-11 21:39:45

We have had this tent for the past three years. Used for about 30+ weekends away. It has been fab, have only just replaced it.
We slept four of us and the dogs bed in the bedroom with no problem.
We use self inflating mats tho not airbeds.

gemmummy Mon 18-Jul-11 09:33:46

I have just purchased one of these, it's my first ever tent so I'm hoping it's easy to pitch. It's for 3 of us plus a dog, and we have the canopy too!

waitingtobeamummy Mon 18-Jul-11 10:04:40

Thanks everyone for your replies. We finally ordered it last night as it was on offer for £129 which I thought was quite good. We'll see how we do with it first and then I think we wil proabable be buying the canopy too. Good look gemmummy!

noyouhavehadawee Mon 18-Jul-11 18:43:55

We have this and the awning canopy thing - i love it and can put it up alone - never used it in challenging weather and ownder how it would fair/ blow away - anyone used it in horrid weather?

waitingtobeamummy Tue 19-Jul-11 18:17:46

Fab thanks noyou we wondered about how the awning would cope in strong weather!

Ungratefulchild Tue 19-Jul-11 18:20:52

We have used it the very windy western isles and it was fine. Great size for 3.

waitingtobeamummy Tue 19-Jul-11 18:22:09

We just got our email saying it's been dispatched-excited!

anniebear Tue 19-Jul-11 21:18:33

four of us in ours and its fine, a good tent

fjcampbe Wed 20-Jul-11 14:32:47

I love mine - def get the canopy if you can as it gives much more space and means you don't get the inside of the tent wet when you open the door if it's raining. Just come back from a week away with four of us in it and just about managed to get a double and 2 single airbeds in, certainly wouldn't get 5 people in it IMO

gemmummy Thu 21-Jul-11 08:28:47

well my tent arrived, and I had a practice go. Gutted to find a little rip in it. However, can't fault the place I got it from, called them yesterday and they are collecting it and delivering my replacement today. Now that's customer service. Can't wait to put it up properly with the canopy on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now