Talk

Advanced search

Which tent should we buy? Advice Please

(3 Posts)
joymaker Sun 17-Jul-11 08:27:32

Hi All,

I want to start camping with DS , it's been a long while since I've been. I think ideally I would like a four man tent: something roomy for DP 6ft, DS 14 months and I. Something that we could use in the long term but not too pricey and something that could be used (and will hold up well!) in British and Irish springs and summers. I've seen this but not sure how good it really is, though it gets good reviews. One thing that was mentioned by some purchasers was that the middle groundsheet is not sewn in, does this matter much?

I would really appreciate some advice or any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Peachy Sun 17-Jul-11 09:38:19

IMO yes a sewn in groundsheet will benefit you becuase it helps stop small toddlers disappearing under the fly the minute you turn away to pick up a stray toy. they also tend to be a bit warmer and bug free.

I'd say doubly important given you plan to spring camp as that can be cold at night.

this will last you years, or www.worldofcamping.co.uk/easy_camp_aspen_500__2_2_3942 this. Some real bargains about atm.

joymaker Sun 17-Jul-11 12:07:50

Thanks for the warning grin and the recommendations peachy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now