Talk

Advanced search

Blackthorn Farm, Anglesey, has anyone been?

(12 Posts)
Lizzylou Thu 14-Jul-11 19:07:25

Sooo, our 2nd camping trip awaits, we went to Lleyn Peninsula for our first camping trip proper a month or so ago.
DH is thrilled as I loved it (and I was always going to be the weakest link), the DS's loved the freedom.

We have booked Blackthorn farm for next weekend, what is it like? Any tips gratefully received.

Lizzylou Thu 14-Jul-11 21:18:36

Ah, ok, is Camping the new clique?

I don't even do EHU!!! FGS, what supermarkets are nearby as I work FT and would rather be rockpooling than bloody shopping on a precious weekend away.

Please help!

goingwiththeflow Thu 14-Jul-11 21:26:57

Hi! have never been ..but I too have seen the website and thinking of going in the summer holidays for the weekend (we live near Chester so not too far) ..it looks okay and Newborough Beach which it is near is great , from memory there are no big supermarkets near that area but a Spar type shop, chippy etc in the nearest village

try ukcampsite.co.uk for reviews about it...

go and then let me know smile

ps I too do not do EHU and I have been camping for eons ( until we win the lottery and get our rotting away slowly lovely VW campervan actually working) we will still be camping when we are in our 60's

Lizzylou Fri 15-Jul-11 07:55:09

grin thanks going.
i will let you know what it's like, pray for dry weather, eh?

moocowmrs Fri 15-Jul-11 08:07:43

if I am thinking correctly, it is on tne way to south stack, there is a morrisons, lovely and new in holyhead. the site is in a great spot, and they do a great cooked breakfast and other meals too I think x

moocowmrs Fri 15-Jul-11 08:08:16

if I am thinking correctly, it is on tne way to south stack, there is a morrisons, lovely and new in holyhead. the site is in a great spot, and they do a great cooked breakfast and other meals too I think x

Lucycat Fri 15-Jul-11 15:57:06

Is it Treaddur Bay? If so then there is a huge Morrisons as moocowmrs says in Holyhead. The Tescos there is in the middle of a refit so is rather chaotic. In Treaddur itself there is a small Spar/Coop on the main road.

The beach is gorgeous, the new promenade is lovely too and there is an ice cream van at one end near the pub.

Here's hoping for lovely weather! grin

Lucycat Fri 15-Jul-11 15:58:31

oh and the DS's will love the planes taking off from Valley if the weather is good - they fly / bank right overhead. My two - being girls' always look out for Wills and Kate when we are there grin

Lizzylou Fri 15-Jul-11 15:59:19

Oh thankyou all grin

I am praying for good weather next weekend, whilst looking out at the ominous grey Lancashire sky, so it will be a home from home if it does rain anyway!

Lizzylou Fri 15-Jul-11 16:00:04

They will Lucy, I will keep a look out for Kate's swishy hair as well grin

Lucycat Fri 15-Jul-11 16:01:20

Anglesey truly does have it's own microclimate, Gulf Stream and all that- as you go round the A55 coast road the temperature increases and the further away from Snowdonia you are the better the chance of decent weather smile

goingwiththeflow Fri 15-Jul-11 20:36:18

thats so true Lucycat often we have been going down the A55 in drizzle and there is Anglesey glittering in the sunshine ..enjoy and report back ! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now