Talk

Advanced search

Quiet campsite on the Cote D’Azure / Provence?

(5 Posts)
Cosmosis Tue 12-Jul-11 16:34:39

We were planning on Switzerland this year (booked site and motorway pass etc) but a back injury for DH means walking is out of the window, so we’re thinking of France instead and having a wandering round villages / pavement café type holiday. I fancy the Dordogne, but DH wants to go to the south (again!) and seeing as he’s the injured one I suppose I should let it be his choice wink. We’ve stayed here before but now we have a baby (11m) we think an onsite pool might be nice and a shop would be handy – but all the sites I can find have entertainment and holiday clubs etc and sound really full on. We’d like a quiet family site, not necessarily on the coast, happy to be up to half an hours drive to the sea, and don’t mind which part of the coast either.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 12-Jul-11 22:29:14

There's a place in Bagnols sur Ceze called Les Genets d'Or, run by a Dutch/French couple. we went there for the first time last and now, for the first time ever, we are going back this year (partly because of GCSE results as we normally go the last two weeks of August and don't book). Not sure how far to the coast, but near some rivers and has a river running next to the campsite where you can swim, boat, quite safe for the DC. Has an onsite pool, small shop, baby pool, restaurant, but is generally a lovely site, very clean as mostly frequented by Dutch campers.

Cosmosis Tue 12-Jul-11 22:33:09

Oh great, will check that out, it sounds lovely, thanks smile

GnomeDePlume Wed 13-Jul-11 21:33:27

We stayed here last year:

http://www.camp-du-verdon.com/index.html

It was pretty quiet. I think there was entertainment once a week but it wasnt intrusive.

It is a long way inland so not one if you want beaches but it was within walking distance of the town of Castellane. Spectacular scenery to go and look at.

Cosmosis Thu 14-Jul-11 11:49:46

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll take a look smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now