Talk

Advanced search

Gazebos?

(7 Posts)
Mandy21 Sun 10-Jul-11 18:58:02

Is there any difference in gazebos? Just want one for an extra bit of cover when we camp - are they all pretty much the same?

Any advice welcome!

Mandy

oranges123 Sun 10-Jul-11 19:23:06

I think the proper answer is don't take a gazebo camping because in any sort of wind they take off and become a liability, largely because they are not really constructed strongly enough. A proper utility tent is better.

That said, we take them and use them in sheltered sites. But all gazebos are not created equal. Pop-ups win hands down for ease of erection (snigger) but they do need more than one person to put them up. I think Halfords have them for £50 at the moment.

Mollymax Sun 10-Jul-11 19:43:03

I agree on the pop up type gazebos, very easy to put up, as they are all one piece. It can then be pegged into the ground.
They have come down in price alot over the last few years.

dearprudence Sun 10-Jul-11 19:53:49

Yes to pop-ups. I wouldn't buy any other type of regular gazebo. But...

I recently saw a Coleman Event Shelter in action and now this would be my gazebo of choice. Next time I'm in the market for one, I'd definitely get one of these. I think you can get them for around £100 if you shop around.

mel2005 Mon 11-Jul-11 11:03:49

we are getting an event shelter for our carpenter who has to make something big outside, we went and had a look at one and it looks really sturdy, we will use it for camping and kids parties as well. it is much cheaper than the big gazebos we have been looking at. the cheapest we found one was in go outdoors when they had the extra 15% off last week it was £127 but the were out of stock by the time i got around to doing my order. they did go to £136 on amazon but are currently £139 i am keeping my eye on it and waiting for it to be cheaper. you can get sides for it as well which would be really handy .

2 years ago we went camping with friends who brought a gazebo, all was well the first two nights and we were quite envious, it gives you so much extra space.

The third night we had bad weather, it blew away and we never even managed to find it shock

Scholes34 Thu 14-Jul-11 14:21:03

Try a tarp - very compact, but waterproof and just 8 tent pegs.

The Coleman Event Shelter is great, but very big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now