Talk

Advanced search

The most comfy camping I've ever done

(8 Posts)
Guaparesaca Wed 06-Jul-11 18:12:27

...and here's why-

http://www.eeziawn.com/eeziawn/roof_tents_t_top.html

Shame the DD & DS moaned and whinged and shouted and got up way too early, next time DH and I will leave them at DGP's while we live it up 'Up top'

Oh also the midgies devoured me so now I have sexy blotchy legs
(Avon Skin So Soft, my arse) hmm

Al1son Wed 06-Jul-11 20:02:38

You're not supposed to put it on your arse! grin

Guaparesaca Wed 06-Jul-11 20:46:09

Think the arse is the only body part un-midgie-fied, Al1son

herecomesthsun Thu 07-Jul-11 08:53:23

I cold imagine myself falling down the ladder in the night to get to the loo though. Also, I would wonder about the weight of all that on the car below.

Quenelle Thu 07-Jul-11 09:15:36

It looks great. The photo gallery is incredible.

Not sure how it would look on top of my Clio though...

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 07-Jul-11 09:21:05

Wouldn't go to the page for me.

gomez Thu 07-Jul-11 09:27:15

You need Smidge. V. effective midge repellant from the Scottish Midge Forecast Team at Edinburgh Uni. About seven quid a bottle, water proof, lasts for 8 hours and ime does what it says on the tin. Doesn't pong and actually goes on a bit like a moisturiser.

Guaparesaca Thu 07-Jul-11 14:28:08

herecomesthsunThe first time I tried it out, the ladder was a bit scary and I was all for sleeping down in the bottom bit and let my DH & DD sleep upstairs, esp when I was anticipating needing to have a couple of ciders from the ciderbox in the evenings- although sturdy, the ladder is quite steep and I know my bladder ain't what it used to be. Once I got the knack of it and the mattress was in place, it was a lot easier, the descent being the bit that really gave my the heeby jeebies. The weight is not an issue for the mighty Landie, remember you fold it back in when you are ready to go on to next camp as well.

Quenelle my DH reliably informs me that you'd be surprised how much weight your Clio will take- someone is bound to have manufactured a roof tent for it ! You are not wrong about the pics- though we were not in South Africa but rural Scotland. You can't have it all, eh ?

Kreecher just for you- www.eeziawn.com/eeziawn/legends_out_of_africa.html

Thank you gomez for your suggestion, I had a look at that website- ironically had seen the very stuff in Tiso's in Perth but foolishly passed over it in favour of some Avon SSS spray
-double d'oh ! Will def be investing in some before our next adventure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now