Talk

Advanced search

My Cobb has landed!!!!!!I have a question

(6 Posts)
MilaMae Wed 06-Jul-11 16:10:35

grin

Could barely wait to open it.Anyhow didn't get the griddle or frying pan as needed to keep costs down,will maybe purchase next year.

Wondering where the recipe book recommends the griddle could you get away with just using the regular grill??? I'm presuming one would just use the griddle to be healthier or will I get a charcoal mess????Can I just sling most things on the regular grill bit?

TIA

scaryt Wed 06-Jul-11 22:12:21

I'd say you could sling most things on the regular bit.

mummyosaurus Thu 07-Jul-11 21:06:20

We have the sausage rack which is good. Stops things burning and you can cook pizzas on it.

Doormouse Sat 09-Jul-11 19:25:46

Our cobb came with the regular (slightly domed and perforated) grill and the roasting rack. One of the cheapest and most useful things we've found is one of these groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=pizza+tray&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=116505. Very cheap, fits perfectly over the firebowl (with space to put the dome on) and is nice and flat for cooking pizza, or putting a cooking pot on. Also useful as a quick switch cookplate if you've cooked meat as a maincourse and want to cook dessert next, but can't be arsed to wash the grill!

Doormouse Sat 09-Jul-11 19:33:06

Sorry, forgot to add that it fits nicely if you turn it upside down grin

mummyosaurus Sun 10-Jul-11 12:16:38

Thanks for the tip doormouse, I will look out for one or two of those.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now