Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a good double burner?

(5 Posts)
Rosebud05 Tue 05-Jul-11 21:28:08

I was looking at the Coleman's 'fold and go' though reviews weren't great and no windbreak isn't great.

Any other basic models that anyone can recommend?

TIA.

Blu Wed 06-Jul-11 12:58:43

I have the one with two burners and a grill, and tbh if I was starting my buying equipment from scratch I would get the small single burner stoves with the small butane cannisters, and buy 2 if I needed 2 rings. They take up far less space, no need for clunky expensive gas bottle, cannisters readily available.
Other people are buying the 'Bivouac' stoves, which also look good.

Rosebud05 Thu 07-Jul-11 13:20:34

Thanks - that's brilliant advice and makes sense.

Pixel Thu 07-Jul-11 18:23:46

We did that, just be aware that if you are using a cooking stand with a built-in windshield your two single burners won't fit on, unless you put them sideways which makes turning them off rather dodgy (well one of them anyway). I agree about the canisters though, they are so easy and do seem to last a reasonable length of time. I was a bit nervous about changing to a proper gas bottle with a hose and everything, plus they look heavy. That's why we have just replaced our two single burners with a double but like this. (We weren't bothered about a grill, we've got a toaster thing that goes on top anyway). It does just about fit into the windshield.

travailtotravel Sun 10-Jul-11 22:12:42

We have the Coleman Fold and Go, and actually its ok. Its not cheap to run though, so do look out for other recommendations. What it is though is really easy to use and doesn't take up much space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now