Talk

Advanced search

North Norfolk campsite recommendations

(15 Posts)
MegBusset Mon 04-Jul-11 21:48:00

So, we stayed at Pinewoods in Wells this weekend and it went so well that we're planning our next trip hopefully weekend after next...

We don't want to go more than an hour away from Norwich, near the beach would be ideal but not the end of the world if we have to drive. Has to have decent play area/s for the DC (2 and 4) and nice toilet block would be a plus.

Deepdale Burnham doesn't look that child-friendly, Kelling Heath is fully booked, we're looking at Clippesby Hall at the moment but can anyone recommend anywhere else...?

Grockle Mon 04-Jul-11 21:53:37

What sort of site do you want?

NorthernerAtHeart Mon 04-Jul-11 22:07:34

We're going here for the August Bank Holiday - never been before so can't comment on what it is like yet though!
www.manorfarmcaravansite.co.uk/facilities.htm

I enquired at Clippesby Hall and full for the summer already (or at least all weekends).

What do you want in terms of child-friendly? Have camped there with our kids and it was good. Plenty of them playing around, but no specific facilities. I tend to prefer sites without playgrounds though. The kids play together anyway (ball games, bikes etc) and we don't get nagged to take them to the playground. If there is one, fine, but not something I actively seek.

If further into Suffolk is fine, then here was nice (basic again)
www.stmargaretscampsite.co.uk/

And we're planning on going here.....
www.cliffhouseholidays.co.uk/

pinkheart Mon 04-Jul-11 22:13:06

weve been here. love it.
Kelligheath
ds2 loved the childrens entertainer and disco in the evening in the family pub. Right next to the steam train Poppy Line.
cannot recommend it highly enough. my parents first took me when i was a toddler and have now taken both my ds's

3rdnparty Mon 04-Jul-11 22:15:00

this place was nice - not sure why oddly grin just a nice feel no playground though but toilet block good...
www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3538

pinkheart Mon 04-Jul-11 22:15:11

sorry, didnt see that kellingheath is booked confused
there is a campsite directly opposite kellingheath, but cannot remember what it is called..

NorthernerAtHeart Mon 04-Jul-11 22:32:33

This one near Kelling Heath?
http://www.breckfarm.co.uk/

Keep meaning to book way ahead for Kelling Heath and not doing it. Maybe next year! Steam railway a big bonus for 7yr old train fanatic.

sundew Mon 04-Jul-11 22:36:03

We've stayed at the Camping and Caravanning club site in West Runton a couple of times. It is lovely - really clean toilet block and a small play area. Only 5 minute drive to a beautiful beach + 20 minute walk to a lovely pub. Perfect!!

MegBusset Mon 04-Jul-11 22:46:51

Thanks, will have a look at all those. Find playground is useful for when the boys are getting too over-excited chasing each other in and out of the tent and need a change of scenery!

High Sand Creek is lovely, Clippesby Hall is perfect and you might still get in (has a playground built by BeWILDerwood and a pool), Deepdale is quite nice, worth going for the cafe, but may be too far away from Norwich for you.

moonmother Tue 05-Jul-11 07:21:02

We stayed at Manor Farm www.manorfarmcaravansite.co.uk/ last year for a week at the end of July- it's really lovely and only a 10min walk from the beach at East Runton or a 10 min walk to Cromer.
The facilities on site (toilets etc) are great. We had dogs with us so were in Moll's Meadow (no kids playground) but the other fields have play areas, and they are only over the farm track. They also have a huge field that they can play football/ fly kites etc in.

Also saw the Camping and Caravanning Park at West Runton and that looked lovely too.

MegBusset Tue 05-Jul-11 16:14:59

Well Clippesby Hall (site of a suspected murder this weekend!) was fully booked, but gave Kelling Heath a call on the off-chance and bagged the last pitch smile

Manor Farm looks lovely as well but no phone number on the website and they haven't emailed me back so I guess they're full!

mell242 Thu 07-Jul-11 08:08:31

Kelling Heath was great last weekend, you'll have a great time!

usualsuspect Thu 07-Jul-11 08:14:17

I've just booked at Manor farm for the the 22/7 so they still have pitches left

There is a phone no on the site

hocuspontas Thu 07-Jul-11 08:18:13

Woodhill Park between East Runton and Cromer was nice. Good play area and toilets. No beach access but good cliff walks and large dog walking area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now