Talk

Advanced search

Campsites in Sussex

(11 Posts)
probablyveryunreasonable Mon 04-Jul-11 13:07:58

Can anyone recommend a good site in Sussex. We will be going with another family so us - Me, DH, DS1 - 14 and Ds 2 & 3 aged 6. We will be with another family of mum, DS1 15, DS2 14 and DD 14.

WE have just been for one nioght this weekend with our boys and they LOVED it. The things they liked were trees to climb on site, being able to kick a ball around.

We would like a fair bit of room, not all squeezed in together. Would really like a beach very close too <not asking very much emoticon>

Have looked at Camber sands but its fully booked.

Any ideas?

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:33:33

Normans Bay? Slindon? graffham?

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 04-Jul-11 19:35:27

We are going somewhere in Alfriston in a few weeks (sorry to be vague, dh has organised it) - I think that's in Sussex.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:41:47

this one Bibs ??

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:45:58

It's just a stones throw from 'the long man of wilmington' which is a nice place to go for a walk...

not far from 'the cricketers' pub at St Marys - lovely old fashioned pub with average food and very decent beer. enclosed garden to rear if you want to take littlies.

looks like a good one!

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 04-Jul-11 19:46:21

That's the chap! Looking forward to it. I have stayed in Alfriston Youth Hostel not so long ago (on a Mums walking weekend!) and we did the seven sisters walk. Its a beautiful part of the world.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 19:47:10

oh And Drusillas is an expensive but thoroughly great day out with young kids in that area. enormous playground and they can ride on Thomas.

glitterkitty Mon 04-Jul-11 19:49:32

Any of the Wittering campsites- West Wittering is IMO best beach for kids on south coast- Wicks farm is good or Nunnington- both v close.

bibbitybobbityhat Mon 04-Jul-11 19:50:29

Is it near you Eggy? Tis very near the place of my actual birth and arrival on this planet! Even though I've never lived in that neck of the woods after about 3 months old.

EggyAllenPoe Mon 04-Jul-11 20:10:15

it's about an hours drive from home, we go to the Cricketers sometimes for lunch. didn't know there was a site there though...may go to that one!

it's just about perfect distance for a weekend.

probablyveryunreasonable Mon 04-Jul-11 22:19:36

Fab thanks. i was looking at the Nunnington one earlier, but TBH they all merge into one after a while!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now