Talk

Advanced search

"Les Gorges du Chambon" - anyone been?

(3 Posts)
Tangle Sun 03-Jul-11 21:06:26

www.gorgesduchambon.fr/en/

That's about it really smile

Looking at booking to go in the Autumn with DH and DD, any personal experience gratefully received.

GnomeDePlume Sun 03-Jul-11 21:40:05

I showed it to DH. We camped there about 16 years ago! I was pregnant and delirious (unconnected!). Les Castels chain are generally of a very good standard. I hope you have a lovely time. We stayed in the Dordogne a few weeks ago and had a great time.

euromum Sun 03-Jul-11 23:36:21

We rented a carvan there in Sept 2009. It's a lovely site, really lovely landscape and well laid out, river and woods at the edge of the site are pretty nice and there's a good amount of easy ambles/walks from the site. Dd was 2 yr at the time and had great fun visiting thevarious animals (horses, cows). People who run it were v helpful and friendly, the resurant/cafe was pretty good, the only downside was that it was only begnning of Sept but felt very off season. It was pretty empty apart from a few retired caravan tourers, and the toddler pool was closed from end Aug so dd could't really splosh around (also, the main pool wasn't that warm). We concluded that we'd definitely go back but when the kids are bigger, in high season so that they could join in the kids activities and make some friends. But obv it depends what you're looking for, and it wasn't compltely 'dead'! And as with all Castels sites the facilties are nice, shower/washrooms all perfectly good.

Hope that helps a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now