Talk

Advanced search

Good sleeping bag recommendations?

(5 Posts)
musicposy Sat 02-Jul-11 18:23:11

Hi there, I'm looking for recommendations for sleeping bags.

Firstly, I need one to replace mine which is over 20 years old and has unsurprisingly lost much of its oomph. I get seriously cold at night so I think I need one that has a comfort rating of a fairly low temperature (10 degrees won't cut it). My current one is an envelope one and it never feels wide enough round the legs- I always end up tied up in knots. Weirdly, I wonder if a mummy bag will overcome this - do they move with your legs, so to speak? If it could be a stupidly girly colour into the bargain - flashes of pink, purple etc, that would be a bonus.

Secondly, DD2 has grown out of her child sized one and I guess we need to buy her an adult sleeping bag (she's 11, around 140cm tall). She doesn't feel the cold so much as I do and says she wants a traditional style one. She likes yellow and green.

Finally, I realise that a tenner from Asda probably won't do it, but I'd rather not spend £££££.

Anyone got a bag they can recommend?

mousymouse Sat 02-Jul-11 18:25:36

the basic ones from decathlon are good. comfy and wash well. didn't get cold when it was 8 degrees at night.

musicposy Sat 02-Jul-11 21:11:23

I've never come across that site before so I'm having a good browse! Thanks smile

YellowDinosaur Sat 02-Jul-11 21:32:27

I recently bought a Vango Nitestar (purple!) following a recommendation on here from Wherethewildthingsare. Its a 3 season bag so hopefully will be warm enough. Not given it its first outing though so can't recommed it totally but it was comfy when I got in it! And it is a very pretty colour. I got the envelope style as I find the mummy ones too restrictive but they do plenty of both styles

WhereTheWildThingsWere

tut

grin

Hey musicposy <waves> How are your doggies and are they coming camping too? Rudy has his own sleeping bag blushgrin.

If you get twisted in an envelope you will hate a mummy, I have an XL nitestar and DH has an XXL, which are good, but if it is warm enough we just open them up and use them as duvets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now