Talk

Advanced search

Where to sell a tent

(10 Posts)
follyfoot Sat 02-Jul-11 09:55:22

My DH is selling one of his tents as its too big now the children are all off to Uni. If you were buying a second hand one, where would you look? He's never sold one before and I dont camp (sorry grin ) so have no idea where to advertise - are there any camping websites that its possible to advertise on? Neither of us have ever sold anything on Ebay - would that be easy to do?

Thanks smile

MisSalLaneous Sat 02-Jul-11 10:18:09

Gumtree another option to consider.

Lucycat Sat 02-Jul-11 20:17:10

ebay is an easy option or ukcamping have a 'for sale' section. At least there you know it will be going to a good home!

follyfoot Sat 02-Jul-11 20:45:52

The 'good home' must be a camping persons thing as he said he would let it go for less if it went to a good home grin

scaryt Sat 02-Jul-11 22:38:02

Out of pure nosiness what does he want to sell?

follyfoot Sun 03-Jul-11 20:53:22

Thanks for the ideas by the way. Its a big blue tent - sleeps 7 I think in 3 compartments with room for another compartment too.

Lucycat Sun 03-Jul-11 20:56:26

lol I can tell it's your dh's tent - 'big and blue' might not cut it on ebay grin

MrsSnaplegs Sun 03-Jul-11 20:59:17

Follyfoot we might be interestedgrin we have just passed one of ours on to a neighbor and sold the other as they are both too small for us
Have you got any other details ? Idea of price? Pictures? grin

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 03-Jul-11 21:03:33

I'd like to know too as I have two raclet frame tents to sell (ebay has failed me)

GnomeDePlume Sun 03-Jul-11 21:50:57

We sold a frame tent on ebay. Take lots of photos. Make sure that any faults etc are mentioned and time your auction to finish over the weekend.

Where would you look for a secondhand tent? What do you want to see? Provide that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now