Talk

Advanced search

Cobb frying pan(not fry dish)yay or nay?

(13 Posts)
MilaMae Wed 29-Jun-11 17:28:10

Just about to order my Cobbgrin,I'm ordering the roasting rack and fry/stew dish thing/recipe book but thinking the frying pan wouldn't get much use,am I right????

Also ordering the charcoal and lighters on the site-yay or nay but no Cobb nut things.

Anything else I have to get????

TIAgrin

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 18:22:43

I have used my frying pan a few times, pancakes was one and um maybe when the standard rack had bits of something untoward on it.

The griddly thing even less use.

Standard rack and the wok will cover most bases.

Just buy charcoal and lighters in the supermarket. they all burn.

MilaMae Wed 29-Jun-11 18:29:44

Many thanks, just ordering the Highlander Camper loo too(no more early morning bursting dashes for me and dd) don't know which I'm more excited about grin!!!!!

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 18:31:32

THE COBB OBVIOUSLY!

Can you roast a chicken in a Highlander Camper Loo?

No. I thought not.

MilaMae Wed 29-Jun-11 18:43:58

Agreed but it's taken a lot of dp badgering by us girls to convince dp that a "loo" is worth the last sliver of space we have.

I've made dp put his bday money towards said Cobb under the condition I roast him a chickengrin.

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 18:49:02

He won't regret it. it will always be know as his birthday Cobb and will be cherished even more.

Loo sounds interesting. kinky kinky

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 18:49:40

Jesus.

Damn you auto correct

Linky Linky

MilaMae Wed 29-Jun-11 19:02:00

Rubbish at links but just Google Highlander Campa-loo,it's only about £9 and folds flat!!!!!

There was a fab camping loo thread which I sadly got half an hours pleasure out of,saved me hours of Googling.

I'm guessing you don't bother with the Cobb stones.

MilaMae Wed 29-Jun-11 19:02:28

Amazon sell it. smile

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 19:09:54

I used to be the Cobb stones all the way until last trip when we just used firelighters and standard charcoal. Apart from taking longer to heat up to cooking heat it works exactly the same for a fraction of the price. Cobblestones v convenient for weekend trips though.

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 29-Jun-11 19:10:33

Will look at folding loo. Sounds v good for those small of bladder.

MisSalLaneous Wed 29-Jun-11 19:33:45

Hahahahaha. Sorry, just listening in on your conversation, but just cracked up seeing Slubber's filthy kinky kinky toilet talk. wink

Love other people's camping purchases due to fact that I've banned myself from buying more.

Batteryhuman Wed 29-Jun-11 20:27:29

My Cobb came in a special offer set with all the different pans. The frying thing is good for pancakes and is used more now my standard rack has rather a lot of crap stuck to it. Firelighters and briquettes every time for me apart from picnics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now