Talk

Advanced search

Boginabag?

(11 Posts)
SORNedWoman Tue 28-Jun-11 12:21:06

Anyone used one? Is it worth the money?

We could just do with something for kids to use in the night, or when they wake up desperate first thing, and also if we camp somewhere without toilets (have camped on a caravan site where this was the case... midges more of an issue than flashing passing sheep).

I like also that it doubles as an ordinary stool (ho ho), as we're packed to the gunwhales when we go, so would effectively give us a portaloo without taking up any dedicated space.

Any experiences here? Am wondering about it's build quality - the photo doesn't look fab, re. fabric and hole hemming. Can see us coming up with own adaptation of placcy bags for the top too, with cat litter, as the proper bags are quite expensive (£3 for 5).

wrigglytummy Tue 28-Jun-11 12:49:58

I too am struggling with the loo vs space issue.

I looked at this and the highlander one, but the no lid thing bothers me combined with the need for a new bag every time it is used (especially after a few glasses of wine - me not the kids!).

I looked at the luggable loo (which I believe fits the gas bottle in it so shouldn't take up too much 'extra' space), but it is out of stock in lots of places and seems alot to pay for a bucket with a loo seat.

I'm tempted by the stability and convenience of the Khampa Khazi, but I cannot fit anything else in my car without leaving a child behind!

I also looked at the sh*t box (!) but again, it is the bag issue.

Does anyone have the answer?!

SORNedWoman Tue 28-Jun-11 13:31:02

Hmm, that Highlander one looks like it would feel more like a toilet, so easier to "go". Am wondering whether that one and boginabag have enough stability? Wouldn't be planning to use ours too much, as nothing wrong with a hedge most of the time, just for no.2s and nighttime really. For that reason, luggable loo (we don't do big gas bottles) and khampa khazi are too substantial for us (and no room in car). Sh*t box just not enduring enough to be worth it.

It is a conundrum. We've just taken a potty till now, but the kids are getting too big for it, their wees certainly are! And didn't help us out!

I have a feeling if I show dh the boginabag he might just adapt one of our existing stools.... might be a good idea. Could pop a cheap nappy or cat litter in a bag to absorb? Should be able to get the cost down to about 10p a pee, perhaps? Hmm.

wrigglytummy Tue 28-Jun-11 21:18:56

Hmm, we too have out wee'd the potty. LOL at your DH customising a stool! I just fancied something with a lid so I don't have to 'change the bag' after every use!! There is still a gap in the Market here!!

YellowDinosaur Thu 30-Jun-11 18:16:57

Well I've just bought one of these - happy to report back when it arrives although it won't be getting a proper outing until August. I wanted the Kampa Khazi really but it really wouldn't fit in our car (unless I left dh at home) and I suspct when dh saw how big it was he'd probably divorce me!

YellowDinosaur Mon 04-Jul-11 15:02:58

Well my boginabag has just arrived. On first impressions I'm not impressed tbh. Its seriously small - much more compact than I was expecting - which is a good thing with all the other stuff we have. However its not very stable at all. There is no way at all that my boys would be able to get onto it on their own which totally defeats the object as far as I'm concerned. I'll have another look tonight but its almost certainly going back...

lifeistooshort Mon 04-Jul-11 16:57:25

Yellow I bought the highlander seat and tried it out this weekend and it is really quite good. The seat is comfy and the bags are quite big and sturdy. I put either a nappy or some maternity towels and it did the trick for nightime use. My daugher (5) loved it. It folds very small too.

MilaMae Mon 04-Jul-11 17:20:51

Life where did you get yours from?

chicaguapa Mon 04-Jul-11 19:57:33

I have a luggable loo which we're really pleased with. It does indeed fit a gas bottle plus bits and pieces for travel so doesn't take up much extra space. We use it with pedal bin bags and cat litter for night time wees. It's a good height too. During the day we replace the bag and use it as a rubbish bin. I recommend it.

MilaMae Tue 05-Jul-11 15:20:50

bump

lifeistooshort Thu 07-Jul-11 22:57:39

Milamae bought it on Amazon really. It got here really quickly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now