Talk

Advanced search

Help me with my stove please?

(6 Posts)
Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 27-Jun-11 21:41:06

Last year, I found a lovely 2 ring gas stove in the Tesco sales for £7 <<gloats>>. My problem is, it doesnt have the hose and regulator, and Im not sure which to buy. Am I meant to use butane gas? Which sort of bottle?Im a bit of a novice at gas, and I dont want to blow up! blush

Ripeberry Mon 27-Jun-11 21:50:25

Usually a bottle of Calor gas (blue). You can get the hose, regulator and bottle at any camping shop. The bottles are expensive to buy first off, but they can be refilled and last for ages.
The bottles usually have a 'handle' that can be unscrewed and then this is what you screw the regulator onto and then just push the hose onto the connector on the stove.

thisisyesterday Mon 27-Jun-11 21:52:05

was it a tesco own brand thing? can you find one like it online so we can see?

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Mon 27-Jun-11 23:01:27

Ah, I have just fished it out from beneath half a year of debris, opened the box and it comes with destructions! DUH! why didnt I think of that!! blush
Its a Campingaz camping kitchen. Takes a small blue gas bottle! Thanks though for taking the time to answer though. smile

thisisyesterday Tue 28-Jun-11 11:42:42

hahaha that made me laugh. glad you're sorted.

when are you christening it??

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Tue 28-Jun-11 22:36:51

August bank holiday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now