Talk

Advanced search

Just So Festival - anyone going?

(117 Posts)
Malvapoeding Mon 27-Jun-11 16:17:45

I am trying persuade DH that we need to take our girls to a family festival this year - Camp Bestival is out due to other family commitments so we thought we might try Just So/

www.justsofestival.org.uk/

Malvapoeding Mon 27-Jun-11 21:51:34

Bump??

bigbadbarry Mon 27-Jun-11 21:57:34

Thinking about it but we (DH) dont camp so we will just do one day

MisSalLaneous Mon 27-Jun-11 22:27:44

Malva, we've never been (to any, really!), but that does look lovely.

PS: Your name makes me homesick. Fancy some now!

Honeymoonmummy Mon 27-Jun-11 23:16:04

We're going smile

troutpout Wed 29-Jun-11 20:27:00

Yep... We are going again this year
It was fab last year... And this years programme is looking good too

scaryt Fri 01-Jul-11 23:34:14

Glad to hear it was good last year, it looks great (though I find the website not that easy to navigate - but that just might be me).

So, a tent would be handy....and we may well be there too.

scaryt Mon 04-Jul-11 19:44:21

troutpout did you camp last year? How was it? Would you say it is worth the weekend ticket price this year?

That does sound like a grilling. I've not managed to find many people who've actually been so want to make sure it's something my 5 year old boy and I will really like before booking.

troutpout Mon 04-Jul-11 22:06:03

Yes I camped . Yes definitely worth camping so that you can take full advantage of everything on offer . Loads to do for children under 10 and I think this year looks better for older ones too .
I reviewed it last year..... Will see if I can find thread

scaryt Mon 04-Jul-11 22:09:01

Bless you it would be good to hear your review.

I have just booked. Am both nervous and excited. Will be my first camping trip, just me and the boy...am I mad? Someone will talk to me, won't they?

troutpout Mon 04-Jul-11 22:12:51

It's here

troutpout Mon 04-Jul-11 22:17:30

You'll love it it's very friendly... I'll tell you which glade I'm in when they send out details. I'll put out my bunting ... come say hello smile

scaryt Mon 04-Jul-11 22:21:56

Aww that would be great troutpout. Your review sounds like just what I'm after.

I've missed the glade camping, so I think I'll need to get there as early as possible to noon on Friday for the field camping.

Would be lovely to come and say hello smile, I won't have bunting but I may have a tarp for the front of my Juno!

HappyHollydays Tue 05-Jul-11 13:22:49

We're going too. Had friends go last year and they loved it.

We're in a glade. I am so excited, more so than DD and we booked it with her in mind!

manamana Thu 07-Jul-11 16:30:01

We're going, it's fab. Yep, very friendly, relaxed and a really secure atmosphere - not quite sure what I was expecting but was first festival I had taken my kids to and was worried I'd spend the whole time worrying about losing them! For anyone of my persuasion they have loads of helpful steward type peeps and a lost child tent etc they have a page on Facebook which is a nice way of hearing more about the events and seeing who else will be there!

manamana Thu 07-Jul-11 16:31:32

Good review trout pout, I agree :-)

verybusyspider Thu 07-Jul-11 22:54:45

we're going too! first timers so any advice on what to and what not to take welcome!

mel2005 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:42:32

we are going as well, cant wait!! hope it doesnt rain and get really muddy as DH will not be happy. we are taking the 5m bell tent complete with solar fairy lights and safe tea light holder (as i have children who will freak if they wake up in the dark).
i am planning so far on taking
the tent (obviously)
tent carpet
two bucket BBQs, with small bag of coals and matches
plastic plates and cutlery
bottled water
small ice box with a couple of packs of sausages, chicken etc for two nights dinner (the last night we can eat out)
pre made bread ingredients in a bowl (i like cooking bread on the bbq)
bag with loads of coissants/brioche rolls etc (for breakfast and snacking)
tarp for the front of the tent (so we dont get wet putting wellies on)
trug 1 for shoes and wellies
trug 2 for wet coats/clothes
ready beds
extra blankets
lantern/torch (for night time toilet runs)
wellies...wellies and more wellies
raincoats, umbrellas and rainhats
travel potty
fairy wings, fairy dresses etc
face paints (so we dont have to que to have it done)
towels
clothes
hairbrush and hairbands
toothbrushes etc...
bottle of wine, two plastic glasses and a couple of beach chairs for when the kids have gone to bed.

chippy47 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:46:35

Mel2005 -no bottles allowed. Go for a box of wine.

mel2005 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:56:09

i was going to put it in a plastic bottle so it didnt get broken, i didnt know about no bottles though.
i like the box idea

mel2005 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:57:32

i actually think we will both be so tired we will be in bed at 8pm anyway smile

verybusyspider Fri 08-Jul-11 13:54:13

out of curisousity how many people go to the festival?

great list mel2005 - I think enough food will be our greatest challenge

chippy47 Fri 08-Jul-11 14:23:19

The food available at the festival itself was really good. Especially the pie man.

mel2005 Fri 08-Jul-11 14:39:53

i am suck a geek i have been searching and researching online for weeks now before i took the plunge and bought tickets. it says 4000 tickets on the festival kidz factsheet. i did read it was much smaller last year, they now have an extra field to camp on but they do have double the activity list from last year. the reviews i have seen from last year did say good food stalls at a reasonable price but i will be taking as much food as i can as i have four children and i think it will cost a small fortune to buy all the meals there. same with fairy wings and face painting ect, thought i would go prepared. just wondering if i will fit it all in the car.

HappyHollydays Fri 08-Jul-11 19:04:05

Oh wow Mel, that list is great - beyond what I had on mine.

Panicking slightly now.

Making bread on the BBQ - how do you do that? I love the idea of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now