Talk

Advanced search

best family campsite with good size playground

(10 Posts)
mrshess Sun 26-Jun-11 10:13:52

Hi can anyone reccomend a good campsite with a good size playground, i have spent hours on uk campsite but whe i click on the campsites the playgrounds look a bit small for my hyperactive 4 year old. I am willing to travel anyhwre in uk thanks

YellowDinosaur Sun 26-Jun-11 14:11:47

Not been myself but this is on our shortlist for this summer largly because it sounds as though it has a fantastic playground - Fisherground Campsite

Ineedalife Sun 26-Jun-11 20:44:31

The river dart country park, sorry can't do links.

There are quite a lot of water activities so he would need supervision but the adventure playground ran the legs off my 2 and they have huge amounts of energy.

Plus a swimming pool and small playground by the tents/caravans.

hocuspontas Sun 26-Jun-11 20:47:07

I second River Dart. I think it's called something like Dart Adventures now. We went a few years running when our children were primary age.

Wallace Sun 26-Jun-11 21:03:10

What about Glenmore at Loch Morlich near Aviemore. The playpark isn't huge but is in a wood and there is the beach nearby, and lots of lovely walks.

Wallace Sun 26-Jun-11 21:04:28

Ooh I likl ethe look of River Dart

Wallace Sun 26-Jun-11 21:04:52

I can do links, but unable to type apparently...

mrshess Sun 26-Jun-11 21:36:36

river dart looks amazing but dont know whether my son would be too young for the activities, he is 4 but very small.
Fisherground campsite is on shortlist and off to check out glenmore.
Thanks everyone keep them coming

DorisIsAPinkDragon Sun 26-Jun-11 22:00:10

How weird have come on this thread for ideas but live near river dart and went to loch morlich 2 years ago grin never camped at River dart (went there for day trips as a child) but loch morlich was lovely and clean. Dsis's and I have 7 children under 6 betweeen us and they all loved it.

DorisIsAPinkDragon Sun 26-Jun-11 22:03:31

tbh I haven't been back to river dart with the dd's as I remember going when I was older (with gild guides so over 10 ish). I don't know what the sampsite is like but woodlands adventure park near Dartmouth has a campsite attached and free entry to the park with lots of younger child activities.

Don't know if that's the kind of thing you were looking for or more and campsite with large park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now