Talk

Advanced search

Camping la Croix du Vieux Pont, Berny Rivière

(11 Posts)
princessProudmel Fri 24-Jun-11 14:18:16

Hello, We are thinking of visiting here with Canvas. In August. We have 3 children aged 8, 6 and 1 1/2.
Please can you tell me what you thought of it ?

We have previously stayed in Fousenant at the Atlantique campsite which we really enjoyed. This time however the shorter drive from Calais is appealing. Plus the Dover to Calais ferry is included in the price. grin

I am particularly interested in the pools. Do they have a shallow gradualy getting deeper, paddling-pool type pool? In the pictures I can only see an indoor pool and an outside lazy river type pool.
Also do the site arrange Disney Tickets? Or do we have to book these ourselves. I understand they arrange buses to Disney.

Thanks smile

GnomeDePlume Fri 24-Jun-11 16:49:02

Hi
We have stayed there a couple of times plus PiL have also been there a couple of times.

It is a very pleasant site. This is their own website: www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/index.html

They have a number of pools including a pool with a cover. There is also a very shallow children's pool.

A couple of tips - if you want to eat in the restaurant then you will need to book as it gets very busy. They run trips to Disneyland Paris and also to Paris itself. These need to be booked well in advance. They arent cheap but the coach trip is a godsend after a long day!

Wiggletastic Fri 24-Jun-11 19:05:38

We stayed in September last year and really enjoyed it. There is a shallow sloping pool for toddlers which is partly covered and two larger pools, one indoors and one outdoors. Be warned - the outdoors one is not heated! Out DD 2.1 loved the toddler pool.

The lake with beach is nice for little ones to play on and the shop sells buckets/spades.

We used the takeaway a couple of times and the food was fine. We didn't get round to eating in the restaurant. The fresh bread/croissants from the shoop were lovely for breakfast.

We found the area to be very interersting with lots of nice places to visit - particularly Pierrefonds with its chateau and also the cathedral and champagne houses in Reims.

We ate in a restuarant in the local village one evening which had a good set menu - unfortunately I can't remember the name of it!

We drove to Disney for the day ourselves as the timing of the bus trip didn't suit us - it was a great day out and DD loved it.

We stayed with Siblu and our mobile home was average, the Canvas ones looked nicer and newer.

Beth1053 Fri 24-Jun-11 19:32:03

Hi,
We have stayed and many sites in france and this was the worse we have stayed in. We were in a tent and hated it, mainly because the toilets were horrible and we left early. Site was good so if we had been in a mobile home it probably would have been fine.

Karmabanana Fri 24-Jun-11 19:37:17

We've been to berny and atlantique - we enjoyed both but Berny is the one we've returned to 3 times!

princessProudmel Fri 24-Jun-11 22:56:11

Thanks for your replies smile
I had a look on their actual website and the pools look good. The Canvas lady said that the roofs on the covered pools come off if the weather is good smile I think that's great as I would like to be in the sunshine if it's warm and sunny smile

She also said that it's cheaper to buy the Disney tickets from them as they get a discount. Do you think that's correct? She quoted £190 for all of us for a days pass.

Tortington Fri 24-Jun-11 22:58:16

been there twice - site is good restaurant is shite - and they have gone ever so commercial with extra take away shops

anyway - still a good site - last time i went you could get on a coach to euro disney - and pay for it - but its really not hat hard to drive to

princessProudmel Fri 24-Jun-11 23:23:38

I don't think we'll be eating in the restaurant much so that shouldn't be a problem ... smile

I hope we get good weather!

milkybarsrus Tue 28-Jun-11 12:51:59

been there and thought it was a very good site. Plenty of stuff on site to do. Lots of english visit this site, so depends if you like that or not?? disney is 1 hr drive away. park in the disney village its cheaper, undercover, and quicker walk to disney than the main car park. My kids liked the pools and the lake with the fake beach.

supersalstrawberry Thu 30-Jun-11 21:56:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mamasmissionimpossible Thu 30-Jun-11 22:00:55

We stayed there in 2008 and had a lovely time. Good swimming and close by to lots of days out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now