Talk

Advanced search

Windbreak

(10 Posts)
needanewname Wed 22-Jun-11 11:18:27

I've been looking for a cheap canvas windbreak (near enough impossible) and have come up with 2 potentials and wondered what people thought worked best.

We will be using it with the bell tent and tarp to create a bit more protection (will also poss be used on the beach but mainly camping)

Do you think a longer but shorter one would be better or a taller but not as long?

DH being useless and won't make the decision for me grin

needanewname Wed 22-Jun-11 18:35:45

anyone have an opinion?

YellowDinosaur Wed 22-Jun-11 18:37:38

Go outdoors have 25% off windbreaks until Sunday with a discount card. I bought a 5 pole blue diamond one for £26.25 instead of £35. It was recommended by another poster as being good quality and less noisy when it blows in the wind. [[http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/blue-diamond-windbreak-5-pole-p100257 Here it is - the prices is as I have quoted above until Sunday with a discount card that costs £5 and lasts for a year

needanewname Wed 22-Jun-11 18:44:32

Thanks Yellow, I have been trying to find out what material they are made out of and have found 2 cheapish (well not 70 bloody punds!) ones that I was looking at. Decided to go for the longer, shorter one in the end, hopefully it will arrive by friday (fingers crossed)

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 22-Jun-11 18:44:33

yy 5 poles min so you can get a decent curve on it. blue diamond one is v good.

needanewname Wed 22-Jun-11 18:54:43

thanks slubber, can anyone tell me what material blue diamond is made out of?

SlubberOnlyInATentCapacity Wed 22-Jun-11 18:57:42

It's fabric, not canvas. Has a sort of weird air-tex feel to it, but heavy weight. Like what Conan the Barbarian's school tops would have been made from.

needanewname Wed 22-Jun-11 20:53:49

Thanks guys

blowninonabreeze Wed 22-Jun-11 21:54:58

Needsanewname can I be nosy and ask which two you've narrowed it down to? Am looking for something similar for what sounds like a similar set up.
Am considering making one. Have found some fab canvas material but it's blinkin pricey

needanewname Mon 27-Jun-11 19:58:13

theres one on GLTC but had another look and though its higher its only 3 panels and didn;t think that would be long enough.

Got mine from Hoppies in the end, £53 and arrived next day, I ordered it on line but spoke to them the next day to confirm it would arrive in time, lovely lady, very friendly, would def order form them again.

Its not very high and a bit fiddly (there is some assembly if you want it to fit in the bag) but I really liked it, it fit in well under my tarp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now