Talk

Advanced search

foam playmat thingies - any reason why I can't use them on the floor?

(6 Posts)
ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 20-Jun-11 18:30:07

Was pondering the crappy weather at the moment and trying not to dread our camping debut later on this summer hmm, and wondering about how to insulate our tent from the cold ground. We have these from an NCT sale (never used them with DC actually - I bought them to stretch knitting on while blocking! blush) and I wondered if there's a reason why I shouldn't lay some of the squares out in the sleeping area and put our SIMs on top? Nice insulating foam: also soft and bouncy underfoot. Can be more or less shaped to most areas. Has anyone else tried them in tents?

Of course, there's the small matter of them taking up a hefty wedge of space in the car... I think I'm in denial about what we can fit in there, TBH.

vintageteacups Mon 20-Jun-11 19:02:33

Perfect -I just found some on ebay (plain in colour and pattern) being sold for the same reason.

vintageteacups Mon 20-Jun-11 19:03:12

You could also always lay them on the boot floor to save extra space and put your things on top.

UniS Mon 20-Jun-11 19:05:15

smart idea.

ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 20-Jun-11 19:27:51

That's a good idea, vintage!

vintageteacups Mon 20-Jun-11 19:28:28

and use as extra floor mats under the kid's feet and your feet etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now