Talk

Advanced search

Pegging out a Montana 6 - Novice please help!

(3 Posts)
TINKERBELLE33 Sun 19-Jun-11 21:51:00

Hi

Have just got my fab Montana 6 tent and am having a trial run. I know it's late but it's an ex demo and despite the shop saying it was dry enough to pack, we found water dripping out of the bag so needs must. Have managed to get it up no problem but are not sure which pegs go where. Tried Youtube etc but still not clear. Also not sure if the tiny little rings at the bottom of the tent are for pegging or not. They look like the ones on my old tent from ages ago, but they had rubber bands on and these don't. Any help would be great.

Zingylemontart Mon 20-Jun-11 22:20:29

Been a while since we put ours up, but I think the rings you're talking about are the ones that go onto the ends of the poles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwPkZ872vbw

That shows you how to pitch it - don't think it gives you a close up of the pole ends though. I have a vague recollection of the pegs going into webbing straps, but don't quote me!

TINKERBELLE33 Mon 20-Jun-11 23:38:49

Zingylemontart

Thanks for the reply. We have sorted the ring pins that go into the bottom of the poles, and know that the webbing straps at the bottom get pegged down (not sure which colour pegs go in which straps though!) but there are some tiny little rings sewn onto the bottom of the tent sides, about 6" up from the bottom edge. Not sure what these are for, but do look similar to the pegging rings on my old tent, but they had rubber bands on that the pegs went through. Hope this makes sense. Will probably go back to the shop to look at others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now