Talk

Advanced search

recommend a nice pop up tent for dd

(6 Posts)
schroeder Sat 18-Jun-11 19:43:17

dd spent her birthday money today on a cute pop up tent from millets, just for playing in the garden.

Got it home popped the thing up, no problem but one side was at a funny angle and on closer inspection I found the pole was snapped and at two other places too.

Poor dd she was so excited, but this tent is such a piece of junk I really want her to get her cash rather than a replacement.

I knew it wouldn't be anything special for £24 but this is ridiculous. It was no fun getting back in the bag either what with the sticks poking out etc shock

So which tent can I get for under £30 for dd (9) to play in which will be up to the job?

IloveJudgeJudy Sat 18-Jun-11 22:28:07

Any pop-up from Decathlon.

Ineedalife Sat 18-Jun-11 22:35:06

Agree with decathlon, their customer service is brilliant too. All tents have a 12 month garantee[sp].

They are very good tents.smile

dobby2001 Sun 19-Jun-11 00:03:26

They had these in my local Tesco, I think they were reduced to under £30 too
direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=209-1025

bruffin Sun 19-Jun-11 00:26:16

what about something like this

DS has a gelert pop up tent which he has had for about 5 years and has been to scout/cub camp on a few occasions and is still going strong.

Is this the one she bought it does look a bit flimsy from the picture.

schroeder Sun 19-Jun-11 16:47:55

Yep that's the one, thankfully dh went back with her today and got her money back, he said they didn't look too botheredhmm I expect it happens all the time. I was worried they would accuse us of losing our tempers with it when trying to get it back in the bag. <I could have cheerfully stamped on the bloody thing!>

I've been googling and have set my heart on a Quecha, there are a few on ebay around her budget, hopefully we'll get lucky. Thanks for your help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now