Talk

Advanced search

Which is better, Britchcombe or Bedgebury? There's only one way to decide.....

(3 Posts)
Lovecat Thu 16-Jun-11 13:02:50

FIIIIIGHT!!

Seriously, we are trying to book up a weekend away in August (probably the weekend before the bank hol) and like the look of these 2 sites. I'm slightly biased towards Britchcombe purely because I've never been there but have always wanted to go to that area because of the white horses/Ridgeway etc (big JC/Modern Antiquarian fan).

Bedgebury however is easier to get to from our side of London (East/Essex borders).

Can anyone who's been to either (or better still both) give their opinion, please?

Or perhaps you can confuse me further by giving alternatives... must-haves are real campfires, close to something interesting to visit/explore, less than 2 hours drive from East London smile

brightwell Thu 16-Jun-11 19:08:56

We go to Britchcombe fairly regularly, it's great, nice walks. Wantage is a nice little town with a small market on Saturday's. The campsite is very basic...portaloo's & a tap. There are showers up by the farmhouse but we've never used them.

Lovecat Tue 21-Jun-11 13:25:25

Thank you, brightwell, much appreciated.

After some reflection, we've booked for Bedgebury as it's only open in August, so we'd have to wait til next year to try it out if we don't go now. Plus I'm now going with DD's bezzie mate and her mum and I don't think she's the 'walk all over the Ridgeway looking at standing stones' type. However she is the 'kick back with a glass of wine' type so we should get on fine... grin

We'll try Britchcombe later in the year, maybe early September, thanks again for your opinion of the site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now