Talk

Advanced search

Camping chair recommendations please!

(10 Posts)
sleepwouldbenice Thu 16-Jun-11 00:43:56

Hello all

I am hoping to get 2 adult camping chairs - as comfy as possible, cheap or at least cheapish would be nice

Am also thinking they could be reclining if such a thing exists? not essential, top priority is comfort....

am still trying to blissfully believe we will have a lovely summer and I will spend many an hour in my chair in the sun supping wine.... grin

Any recommendations? Thanks!!!

needanewname Thu 16-Jun-11 20:26:19

I love my moon chair, though it is huge it is very comfy and the last time we went camping I hardly got to sit in it! Everyone who took the piss ended up using it more than me!

GingerWrath Thu 16-Jun-11 21:12:21

We have normal fold up canvas jobbies with drinks holders. Mine is big enough to curl up in.

Lovecat Thu 16-Jun-11 21:55:50

I agree that moonchairs are well comfy, but they don't pack down small.

However, while looking at the cheap tent carpet link and unable to resist a different camping tut site, I found these which do recline, apparently...?

sleepwouldbenice Fri 17-Jun-11 01:21:31

oooh interesting thanks. see the moon chairs look, well yes odd but if everyone says they are well comfy and you can sit back slumped in them....

Thanks for the other link too. with insulated cup holder for when its not s much chilled wine on a warm day but hot chocolate to calm the shivers....

Anteater Fri 17-Jun-11 01:26:04

we use beer crates, the more we drink the more comfortable..

Lucycat Fri 17-Jun-11 09:20:05

As is the way with these things- the best reclining, fold flat, sturdy yet v comfy chairs are probably the most expensive too! - Lafuma are the bees knees- although I think Outwell do a version too. Sorry I can't link cos I'm on my phone.smile

flaime Fri 17-Jun-11 18:21:15

lovecat let us know if you try the royal chairs anywhere as I've also got my eye on them but have only found them on-line so far.

MollieO Fri 17-Jun-11 23:55:56

Coleman sling chair. Very comfy because it has a high back and arms. Folds up small to. Amazon have them for £32 so not ultra cheap but definitely a chair you can relax in.

sleepwouldbenice Sat 18-Jun-11 00:15:01

Thanks again for thoughts, going to have a good shopping session later this week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now