Talk

Advanced search

eek!! speckles of mould on bedroom inner - advice please!!

(4 Posts)
teej Tue 14-Jun-11 15:16:39

OK so we dug out the Outwell for the Isle of Wight Festival and pitched quite happily; but when I was setting up the sleepmats etc I noticed some mould stains on the bedroom inner shock
There were not a lot of mould stains (just rows of speckles here and there) and it did not smell, but even so it was a bit of a shocker as we had made sure the tent was dry before putting away last time.
When we came back home yesterday, we re-pitched the tent to ensure it was aired/dried and took out the inner, which I washed in the machine today on a gentle wash to try and freshen it up.
Now the inner is hanging out to dry, I know it's clean but the little mould speckles are still there.
My question is - does this mean the mould is gone but just the stain remains, or is the tent basically knackered??

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 14-Jun-11 18:48:30

You can use Milton. I have used it, it did fade the spots, but didn't get rid of them completely. I have heard from others that they used Cillit Bang Mould, but I think that's pretty strong and you just have to be careful.

Tent isn't knackered, just try a bit harder with the spots and if they don't move next time, just live with it.

teej Wed 15-Jun-11 10:59:24

thanks judgejudy - i don't mind it looking rubbish i just don't want it to be a health hazard!!

chipmonkey Wed 15-Jun-11 13:05:52

Sunlight is also great for getting rid of mould spots so if you get a nice bright day, hang the inner out on the line again. This and milton got rid of the mould spots on my breastpump bag which couldn't be machine washed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now