Talk

Advanced search

Will Aldi have anything left??

(9 Posts)
ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 14-Jun-11 11:50:52

I'm new to Aldi but just realised that there's one 8 miles away (I just have to brave the Botley interchange round Oxford, argh) and finding myself unexpectedly with only one DS (other one isn't lost or anything, he's just been whisked away by compliant grandparents) I wondered if I should take this opportunity to go shopping? wink

So, given that they had a load of camping stuff in on thursday, how likely are they to have anything left by now? And do all Aldis have non-food stock or is it just a few?

SixtyFootDoll Tue 14-Jun-11 11:57:47

They all stock the same items. The camping stuff does go quickly. Ring the store, when I was there last week getting my camping gear the manager was on the phone to a customer putting stuff by for them.
If you do go the chairs are really good.

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 14-Jun-11 12:04:11

Oh ok, I'll try that! (I tend to assume that nobody will pick up, or that I'll end up being patched through to a central Aldi call centre!)

Good, we need chairs! grin

SixtyFootDoll Tue 14-Jun-11 12:05:44

I bought the cupboard, chairs, mattress, lamps and electric cool box!

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 14-Jun-11 12:13:59

Well, I gave them a call and blimey, they're helpful! smile He says there are loads of SIMs left at Oxford, and also the £8.99 lantern, but not chairs or the table. sad Still, SIMs and the lantern are enough to tempt me over, so I'll go in a bit! Thanks for suggesting I call ahead - I'm getting cynical with age and just assumed nobody would be able to tell me!

SixtyFootDoll Tue 14-Jun-11 14:13:25

Result! Sort of..

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 14-Jun-11 16:22:23

Returned, bearing what feel like very comfy SIMs and an LED lantern! grin Also a waterproof picnic mat, a gift pack of real ale as a father's day thingy from the DSs blush, some other beer, a £4.99 free range chicken, tinsoftomatoescheapgnocchipestocoffee. Ahem. blush Never used an Aldi before. Will be back (assuming the tinned tomatoes aren't all cores'n'skin).

SixtyFootDoll Tue 14-Jun-11 18:30:59

A lot of their food is very good, some not. Do. Their crisps are awful. Their wine is pretty good though.

GingerWrath Wed 15-Jun-11 11:50:33

I just got back from my nearest Aldi and am now the proud owner of the cupboard and also a camping kitchen! (I just haven't told hubby yet!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now