Talk

Advanced search

Yet more questions about SIMs - sorry!

(6 Posts)
Lovecat Tue 14-Jun-11 11:15:45

I'm trying to work out if it would be less hassle to buy some Aldi SIMs and take them with us when we go to Latitude next month - I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible.

At present, we have airbeds. To make the airbeds warm and sleepable, we have foil-backed foam mats to go beneath them, then woolly undersheets on top of the mattresses, then a normal fitted sheet on top of that, then the sleeping bag, then a throw. Times 3.

If we were to take SIMs instead, would we be able to just lay them on the tent floor and put the sleeping bags on top? No other layers? Or would we still need foam mats beneath/throws on top?

At the moment bedding takes up a huge amount of space in the car and just being able to sling in 3 rolls (plus sleeping bags) would make life much easier. Of course, we'd lose the glampy element, but tbh thinking of the pain it was dragging our stuff to the campsite at the festival last year when we didn't even have a tent to lug (and now we have a 5m canvas beast), I'd rather be streamlined if at all possible...

We also have some sleeping roll type things that we got last year as a freebie with the tent, like this, they roll up really small and light, would they do in place of the foam mats if we needed a layer beneath the SIM?

Thanks smile

StanHouseMuir Tue 14-Jun-11 11:19:34

We just plonk them (Fat Airic SIMs) on the tent floor and then 2 season sleeping bags on top.

Ineedalife Tue 14-Jun-11 12:36:25

Yep I just plonked mine over the bank holiday, not even a sheet. We were trying to travel light LOLgrin.

Lovecat Tue 14-Jun-11 12:44:08

Fabulous. Just got to hit Aldi tonight and hope they have some left!

Thanks bunches grin

ReshapeWhileDamp Tue 14-Jun-11 16:25:53

I just bought a couple at Oxford Aldi and they had loads left (also lots of cupboards) so I hope that's some indication of stock levels at your Aldi! smile

Lovecat Tue 14-Jun-11 20:24:14

Yay, managed to get 3 of the last 5 in our store - who'd have thought there were so many campers in Ilford?confused Also got the 2 pack of LED lanterns, they will look nice on our bedside tables <ponce>

Now to explain it to DH.... grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: