Advanced search

So who went to Aldi today, then?

(23 Posts)
Lovecat Thu 09-Jun-11 18:57:47

I didn't like the camping cupboard when I saw it in RL, but I did get:

2 x windbreaks
LED camping lantern
12v air pump
fake crocs for the showerblock (they only had them in pink in my size, DD will be thrilled)
waterproofer spray (for my jacket, not the tent)

and some chocolate brownie cookies. Which in my opinion are mandatory when visiting Aldi.

Anyone else get lured in and buy more than they intended? grin

Lovecat Thu 09-Jun-11 18:58:42

Oh, and some cushions and some dinky tins for storing my teabags and coffee, but that's more glampy than campy <hides from Slubber>

Slubberdegullion Thu 09-Jun-11 19:11:26

tut

SixtyFootDoll Thu 09-Jun-11 19:15:14

I got the cupboard - hope it's ok.
4 chairs -they are great quality.
1self inflating mattress and 4led lanterns.

Also got the electric cool box on Sunday blush

SixtyFootDoll Thu 09-Jun-11 19:16:23

Also bought tortillas, tube fromage frais, and some dark choc butter biscuits.

Numberfour Thu 09-Jun-11 19:31:46

I am going tomorrow morning!!!

Wiggletastic Thu 09-Jun-11 19:34:11

Going tomorrow to look at the cupboard (if they have any left)

Lovecat Thu 09-Jun-11 19:40:35

I was sorely tempted by the SIMs, but DH has vetoed any new sleeping gear "until the airbeds burst" [mutter mutter] and as I'm trying to swing moon chairs past him, I decided they could wait.

The cupboard didn't look bad, just bulky and it felt quite heavy, I would have got the kitchen cupboard they're doing instead only it had a built in sink area in it which I didn't want. So am probably going to spend another £20 and get a Kampa Hollie cupboard instead, which ticks all my boxes.

stinkypinky Thu 09-Jun-11 19:44:11

2 SIMs - have 4 now. They are great.

And a loaf of bread.

needanewname Thu 09-Jun-11 19:45:46

Ooooh I dodn't know about this, may have to pop in tomorrow, not that I need anything or have room in the care for it but it would be rude not to look!

AngryFeet Thu 09-Jun-11 19:49:12

I did! Got folding table, air bed, rug, two kids animal torches and some tortillas smile

NorthernerAtHeart Thu 09-Jun-11 21:02:34

Me too! Thanks loads to whoever posted about this a few days back.

2 SIMs (one inflated on our bedroom floor - trying to decide if I really do want to test it out tonight or not).
3 kids torches (forgot to hide them and DD already decided which one she wants).
1 12V pump thing (but going to take that back if the SIMs are good).

Imnotaslimjim Thu 09-Jun-11 21:10:47

How much is the waterprrofing spray and how big is the tin please? Wasn't going to go shopping tomorrow but will pop to Aldi if its worth it for that

SixtyFootDoll Thu 09-Jun-11 22:32:47

The sims are very comfy, am thinking of getting another 3.

scaryt Thu 09-Jun-11 23:23:35

Bought a SIM to go on top of the cushions in the caravan, I'm hoping it will ease the hardness a little.

I'm such a wuss compared to you hardcore campers!

Wolfgirl Fri 10-Jun-11 09:11:15

Anyone bought the camping fold up rug thingy... £5.99 ? Any good?

AlmaMartyr Fri 10-Jun-11 09:14:54

We got 4 SIMs, I've just inflated them for the first time - a friend said to inflate them and leave for 24 hours before first use. They look great! Got some dynamo torches for the kids but will probably keep them until Christmas.

jamaisjedors Fri 10-Jun-11 14:45:51

ME! But it's not the same stuff as the UK.

Got a ufo light and a sorbet maker (not for camping!), some extra-long matches and a cheap frying pan (9€).

Am going back in a minute for the SIMs if there are any left (3 this morning but they felt plasticky so I was hesitant).

Pixel Fri 10-Jun-11 16:28:41

I went yesterday and got the kitchen stand thingy. Put it up in the living room and realised it is far to big for what we want so took it back first thing this morning!

Lovecat, I was dubious about the sink area bit as well but it was actually ok because part of the worktop flicks over it so you don't have to use it if you don't want to and wouldn't even know it was there. You can still use the cupboard underneath too. I must say the carry bag was nice and strong and roomy which makes a change.

Ineedalife Fri 10-Jun-11 21:37:32

Me too,grin.

I got 1 SIM to go with 1 I bought last year for the Dd's.
1 day sack with loads of pockets.
2 pairs of fake crocs, 1 for indoors and 1 for outblush
and another ufo led light for when the Dd's are in the pup tent.

I had fungrin.

chipmonkey Fri 10-Jun-11 22:46:41

I got four camping chairs, the SIM, set of torches, double inflatable mattress. This would all be very good if we had a family tent, wouldn't it?grin

On the way home I told the boys we needed to buy a tent. Ds3 pointed out that we have a tent ( 2 man thing) I said we were going to get a family tent with bedrooms in it. Ds4 misheard and thought we were getting a tent with Jedward in it. Which would admittedly be good for keeping the kids entertained.....

chipmonkey Fri 10-Jun-11 22:47:34

Mind you, the SIM we got in LIDL burst after the boys used it so I am hoping ALDI do better.

mell242 Sat 11-Jun-11 10:32:45

I got the electric coolbox, pack of 2 lanterns and a penguin torch for my DS. No chairs left though :-(
Debating on the table still..but better hurry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now