Talk

Advanced search

Glamping in Tipi's or Yurts - Anyone done it?

(10 Posts)
surfandturf Thu 09-Jun-11 12:14:29

I really fancy doing this next year. We are seasoned campers but would love to push the boat out a bit more next year and treat ouselves! Anyone done it? Would you recommend it and if so where?

captainpig Thu 09-Jun-11 16:37:48

Ooh, yes, yes, we went yurt glamping for the first time this year, it was fab. (Have never been camping at all before). We stayed at Cuckoo Down Farm in Devon here. We can't wait to go back.

itsnicetobenice Thu 09-Jun-11 17:03:47

a friend at work has just been to pinewod in scarborough in tipis and it looked fab as she said it was. Its expensive isnt it - to save the tent faff we have stayed in pods before which save a load of hassle .

surfandturf Mon 20-Jun-11 16:33:51

Looks lovely captainpig - that's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for!

mummy1973 Mon 20-Jun-11 16:34:59

What is a pod?

cazzybabs Mon 20-Jun-11 20:57:51

I am going in the summer to hidden valley yurts - I am so excitied! Looks fab

bilblio Tue 21-Jun-11 18:42:28

We spent our honeymoon in a tipi at a folk festival. It was an 8 man one, for the 2 of us. It was HUGE! We didn't do much glamping but there were rugs down and becuase they knew it was our honeymoon they put some sheepskin rugs and some flowers in tehre for us too.
I was expecting to be cold, the weather wasn't so great, and it was massive for the 2 of us but it was lovely and warm.

Definitely a good way to do a festival as we had a separate area slightly away from everyone else and no kit to carry around.

captainpig Tue 21-Jun-11 20:56:34

surfandturf, it was the best holiday we've had, in fact I've booked again to stay this summer holidays and next summer holidays too!

itsnicetobenice Tue 21-Jun-11 21:23:46

a pod

Beamur Tue 21-Jun-11 21:25:55

We're going to Loch Tay later in the year, they have yurts there too that look nice but we've opted for a souped up shed thing so I can have a fridge for a couple of days before we go a bit more hardcore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now