Talk

Advanced search

We want a 6 man tent for Camp Bestival

(8 Posts)
mrszimmerman Wed 08-Jun-11 00:45:33

Does anyone recommend one that works well for them?

I like the idea of bedrooms then a covered area and then an enclosed sort of awning for cooking and sitting in the rain.

Also ds thinks we can spend 150 and I wonder whether we don't need to spend more but am having trouble selling the benefits!

advice would be very appreciated.

mrszimmerman Wed 08-Jun-11 09:41:40

any advice would be very appreciated!

mell242 Wed 08-Jun-11 10:30:26

We've just got the Vango Icarus 600 www.allweathers.co.uk/vango-icarus-600-tent-2011-8096-p.asp?ctype=2&gclid=CLCg0rz_pakCFQEY4QodOyVktA Really great tent, lots of space and added storage pockets and really easily to put up and down. A big thumbs up from us!

mrszimmerman Wed 08-Jun-11 13:57:47

that's so funny, that's exactly the one we're looking at!
Did you get the awning thing as well?
Thanks!

JemimaMop Wed 08-Jun-11 19:50:35

We have the Gelert Horizon 6 which is fab. There are 2 big bedrooms, DH and I sleep in one and the 3 DC sleep in the other. There is a big living space in the middle which easily fits a table and chairs in, however we also have the porch which makes it this big and we put the folding table and chairs for the DC plus a couple of chairs for us in there.

We bought ours last year from B&Q in their sale, it cost about £200 for both the tent and the porch.

mrszimmerman Thu 09-Jun-11 21:26:15

Thanks, Jemima, I've seen that one too, is it easy to put up?

mrszimmerman Thu 09-Jun-11 21:26:50

...given that last time I saw dh put up an unfamiliar tent he channelled the whole anti-christ!

JemimaMop Sat 11-Jun-11 18:48:10

It isn't very difficult, the poles are colour coded so it is fairly difficult to go wrong. It does take two people though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now