Talk

Advanced search

Compact camping chairs

(7 Posts)
bilblio Tue 07-Jun-11 21:46:19

Does anyone have a compact chair, like this or this?

I saw a few people with them last year and they looked really comfy, they had the 2nd cheaper version.

I'm off to see Pulp in Hyde Park next month grin very excited! But I'll be 5 months pregnant and I'm waddling already. I don't fancy carrying a full size camping chair, but I'll need to sit down!

biscuitmad Tue 07-Jun-11 22:06:21

I got an inflatable chair like this on ebay 290570831046 its comfy and compact.

bilblio Tue 07-Jun-11 22:17:34

Hmm... no, I'm after something a bit more discrete, and less effort to put up and down. grin

DontCallMeBaby Tue 07-Jun-11 22:41:44

I have one of these. Only used it twice - once for a picnic, and once to sit on our garden bench yesterday! Bum went a bit numb on the bench, it was comfy on the grass though. I've got it for a festival as I have crap posture and tend to fold in on myself if left to just sit on the ground. It has a pocket on the bag, which might be handy, and a shoulder strap (which realistically you have to unclip to sit down, but does make carrying it easier).

zonkin Tue 07-Jun-11 22:54:43

I got one of these a month ago and it is mega comfy.

DontCallMeBaby Tue 07-Jun-11 23:02:43

That looks like a better bet for the pregnant person tbh. And with the one I have - you can sit on it cross-legged, you can sit on it with your legs out flat. You can even sit with one leg out straight and the other bent at the knee (in a jaunty fashion). But if you try to sit with both legs bent at the knee you tip over backwards and end up with your legs waving in the air.

bilblio Wed 08-Jun-11 17:59:12

That does look better, but I'd get annoyed carrying it. I've got a camping chair already, but I don't want to be carrying it, or worrying where it is, when I'm dancing. I think I'm going to have to go to some shops, try a few different types out and see how practical my first choices are when I'm pregnant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: