Talk

Advanced search

So how do I keep my 18 moth old warm at night in a tent?

(10 Posts)
lolalotta Tue 07-Jun-11 21:19:56

What do I dress her in??? I haven't a clue! We would put her in a travel cot. At home she wears a vest, a sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog growbag.
thanks!

belindarose Tue 07-Jun-11 21:27:44

Where are you camping? I had my DD in the vest, pyjamas, cardigan, 2.5 tog gro bag and cellular blankets in April in the UK and she was fine.

belindarose Tue 07-Jun-11 21:28:18

And socks.

theanimalswentintwobytwo Tue 07-Jun-11 21:29:59

Well, with adults you are actually warmer to be naked inside a sleeping bag- something about radiating body heat. But for babies/toddlers...I would just go by the "one more layer than you" suggestion.
You might be best to go into your local camping store and ask someone there.

lolalotta Tue 07-Jun-11 21:30:47

Just UK!!! Cardigan sounds like a plan, lol! I have some cellular balnkets I could dig out too, thanks! How do I know how many?

NormanTebbit Tue 07-Jun-11 21:31:32

I just put DD3 in with DP and me

Changebagsandgladrags Thu 09-Jun-11 20:11:11

I just got back from Northern France, we had some very cold nights.

We had a travel cot with a mattress plus a cot duvet on top to sleep on top of.

Very cold nights: Long sleeve vest, PJs 2.5 sleeping bag and cot duvet (only put on when we went to bed) and blanket.

Cold nights: above with no blanket

Warm nights: no sleeping bag or blanket, just duvet put on at our bed-time.

I had on the coldest night: t-shirt, PJs, blanket, 2 light duvets and a slanket [wimp]

mybabywakesupsinging Fri 10-Jun-11 23:46:25

DD was 4 months in April, and 7 when we went again last week.
She wore: long sleeved vest and tights, cotton babygro, fleece all-in-one, grobag. And a wooly hat. Her grobag is thinner than our sleeping bags.
She slept in between me and DH (our tent heater); we have thinnish mats, but she was warmer there than by herself on a readybed.

sazm Sat 11-Jun-11 22:44:16

we bought a vango nitestar baby sleeping bag for our 16mo,it's fab, we just put him in fleecy pyjamas and slipper socks inside his sleeping ag and he was cosy,he still fits in it now at 2.5

LBsBongers Wed 15-Jun-11 22:37:49

Top tip figured out last weekend, changed dcs into night gear ( put on underneath fleeces) before it got cold and they went to bed, ie we let them play in their pjs, this avoided stripping them down when temp had dropped before bed. My eldest wore thermals under pj in a sleeping bag, 17 month old in vest , pj, sleeping bag plus blankets,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now