Talk

Advanced search

Another bell tent thread...

(7 Posts)
Bellethebelltent Mon 06-Jun-11 22:22:42

We LOVE our 5m zig soul pad, but wonder if anyone else finds them a bit bright on a sunny morning?
I have been thinking about a liner, not the inner room type thing, but a lightweight voile fabric triangles sewn together that goes up over the pole and Is tied (with pretty ribbon obviously ) to the pole during the day then pulled out and attached to the roll up toggles at night.

Has anyone made anything similar? It makes sense in my head, we have the tea light chandelier which could be lowered to the floor during the day until the lining is hung at night.

Any ideas would be great!

Bellethebelltent Tue 07-Jun-11 22:03:35

Bump....anyone?

Lovecat Thu 09-Jun-11 10:54:33

Would lightweight voile be enough in terms of light-dampening properties?

I know what you mean re. the sunshine in the early morning but I wear an eyemask (a v. poncy one to go with my poncy tentwink) to sleep in and consequently aren't woken up too early. If you meant too light generally once you're up and about, that's what I love about the bell, so I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions! smile

Actually, thinking about it, I go to bed in a tent in an eyemask, earplugs, a woolly hat, bedsocks and jimjams, clutching a hot water bottle... no wonder I read all these tent nookie threads and think 'why aren't I getting any?' grin

poppyboo Fri 10-Jun-11 17:23:08

I second the eye mask, not very sexy i know, but they are brilliant!

needanewname Sat 11-Jun-11 19:54:00

Eye mask, DH swears by his. I always just pull my hat over my eyes,

blowninonabreeze Wed 15-Jun-11 17:40:55

I saw this website today and thought of this thread, probably a little late... but Hope it helps.

No personal experience by the way am perfectly happy with my unadorned canvas!

Bellethebelltent Thu 16-Jun-11 23:04:08

Thanks, that's just what ive been thinking of, not sure they are available by themselves tho, hope so! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now