Talk

Advanced search

Siblu La Pignade do they insist on speedo trunks?

(12 Posts)
Maybee Mon 06-Jun-11 21:07:47

My 8yr old is refusing to don them and in any case none of our shops stock them not even the big asda. i've got 3 ds aged 8,3 and 1 and have lots of long swim shorts and wee zip up suits for the tots so just wondering how strict they are about this age group in swim wear.
Anyone know?

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 06-Jun-11 23:38:40

If they insist on speedos then everyone has to wear them. Don't know about Siblu, sorry.

slalomsuki Tue 07-Jun-11 06:19:13

Siblu aren't strict about this at other sites so there is non reason why they should there. They are usually quiet relaxed but safety conscious at their pools.

bigTillyMint Tue 07-Jun-11 06:54:29

They do sell them in the local French supermarkets (voice of experiencewink), but why don't you ring and check?

Maybee Tue 07-Jun-11 07:59:37

thanks will ring them to check

wickedfairy Tue 07-Jun-11 13:17:56

what is the rules regarding babies? Are they allowed to wear the little UV50 suits, or are they to be in "proper" swimwear as well?

3boys5pets Thu 09-Jun-11 19:52:38

We went to a 'Yelloh' (French chain) campsite a few years ago & the Speedos rule was in force. But I kept my toddler in his UV suit, there was no way I was going to risk sunburn & there would've been an argument (in pigeon-French!) if they had said anything - but they didn't. Incidentally, we have also just got back from another campsite within the same chain who DIDN"T have the Speedos rule which i thought was very lassez-faire of them!

Fuctifano Thu 09-Jun-11 20:42:19

Have been to several campsites in France and they have all stated in the booking information that Speedos type swimwear were required, no long swim shorts. It is due to filtering systems (so they say...) The UV suits are fine as they consistent of the same type of stretchy non fibre shedding fabric as the Speedos. We have always just bought Primark cheapies before leaving and promised not to take any pics. Only once has the rule been enforced and the other times the trunks have been returned complete with all tags - though for £2.00 If I'd lost them - I wouldn't have been bothered. It seems like a big deal and is the cause of many budgie smuggling jokes but when everyone else is wearing them they very quickly forget. Enjoy your holiday.

chibi Thu 09-Jun-11 20:45:02

We went to a different siblu parc at half term, dh wore his knee length surfer style swimsuit

No one minded

GnomeDePlume Fri 10-Jun-11 23:01:25

DS (he's 12) wears this sort of thing:

www.next.co.uk/g364570s2#476972g36

He's not had any problems wearing these.

chipmonkey Sat 11-Jun-11 00:41:15

3boys, we went to a Yelloh village and there was no rule about speedos, or if there was, it wasn't enforced. Unless they just didn't want to see dh in his speedos.......

GnomeDePlume Sat 11-Jun-11 13:53:46

I think it depends if there are lifeguards on or not. No one is going to run over from the bar to tell a swimmer to put his speedos on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now