Talk

Advanced search

Walking boots / shoes - infant sizes recommendations

(10 Posts)
KorrallKrabba Mon 06-Jun-11 20:29:50

Hello campers

Not specifically camping, but outdoorsy, so I really hope someone can help. I know what I'm doing with grown-up gear, but not at all for LOs.

We're taking DD1 on her first walking holiday this summer. She'll be 3.5 and has smallish feet, currently s7.5. Walks will be short and not that challenging, but she'll still need some sturdy footwear - good ankle support and grips, but not normal trainers. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend a fortune, as they might be a one-week wonder. The only ones I've seen are £50, which seems a tad unreasonable. It would be good to have something not completely out of place for the Autumn weather too.

wednesday13 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:44:01

I had a magazine recently with a review of kids boots. What was interesting was we met someone recently who'd bought their kids boots from a shop that sold secondhand ones and would buy back lightly worn, outgrown boots. They did have two DC's very well kitted out from Little Trekkers!

When the DC's were that small I just bought likely looking boots from ebay, (e.g. clarks). The first proper walking boots we got were about a size 10. Also Brantano normally have a good selection of trainers of all shapes and sizes including some more rugged styles. You might end up getting boys ones I guess.

Small sizes here in the sale.

wednesday13 Tue 07-Jun-11 20:44:50

Sorry that link didn't have your size did it!

KorrallKrabba Tue 07-Jun-11 21:42:52

Thanks for looking. The trouble with trying to get these online is the lack of consistency on sizing terms. I might end up with little girl stylings in my size if I'm not careful! smile Slim pickings on ebay too at the moment.

wednesday13 Tue 07-Jun-11 22:45:35

Good ol' Decathlon comes up trumps again!

You can tell I'm avoiding chores tonight grin

Ineedalife Wed 08-Jun-11 20:30:54

I was going to say decathlon too, their boots are nice and light and they do small sizes and nice prices.

The cheapest ones are not waterproof but I have sprayed many pairs over the years with reasonable success.

Good lucksmile.

KorrallKrabba Thu 09-Jun-11 08:28:21

Awesome. £9.99 much more like it. Thanks boot detectives!

eimmum Fri 10-Jun-11 22:34:06

I've bought Decathlon boots for all of mine and they have been great for exactly the type of walking you intend to do. They have fitted well and no blisters. Now on the third child and still going strong. Even the cheaper ones were better in the snow than their wellies as they were warmer and feet stayed dry. Highly recommended here!

AliOX Tue 13-Sep-11 16:21:03

Well if anyone needs kids walking boots there is a Website that sells them and socks too.
www.walkinggearuk.com

Highlander Tue 11-Oct-11 14:14:22

Thanks for the Decathlon link.

Hiking boots with Velcro - genius!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now