Talk

Advanced search

Before I spend £150 please tell me if these are good choices

(9 Posts)
AngryFeet Mon 06-Jun-11 11:25:16

We have most of our camping gear but needed a bed for DH and two comfy chairs for us both so we can relax in the evenings. These are the ones we are going for:-

www.vango.co.uk/sleeping-bag-accessories/adventure-dlx-mat-double/-7.5cm.html

www.vango.co.uk/accessories/corona.html

www.vango.co.uk/accessories/moon-chair-dlx.html

Good stuff or rubbish? We tried the bed briefly on the floor of the campign store and it seemed comfy although we would prefer a wider one but they don't seem to exist. The chairs we just like the look of grin

Pootles2010 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:33:13

Crikey thats a lot for a chair (the moonchair one). Why not just get one of the ones supermarket's do? They're all fairly comfy, that one doesn't even have drink holder! The middle one looks better and bit cheaper, guess would last longer than supermarket one.

No idea on the mat - guess would be comfy. I have a thermarest, which was 90 odd quid, not hugely comfy but very light + easy to carry.

AngryFeet Mon 06-Jun-11 11:48:12

DH wants the moon chair one - I am buying this stuff cheaper after looking around and finding it in a local camping store smile

I am still not sure about the self inflating mat thing I guess. It seems comfy enough but I need a whole nights sleep on one to know for definite!

Pootles2010 Mon 06-Jun-11 12:45:01

Have you looked on ebay for similar?

millionsandmillions Mon 06-Jun-11 15:49:17

No drinks holder in a chair would be a deal-breaker for me

AngryFeet Mon 06-Jun-11 18:34:20

I agree millions but DH really likes this one and we have a little table or we can a stake in the ground drinks holder for £1.99 at the camping shop bit like these but plastic

The thing that bothers me most is the mattress to be honest. I will be so annoyed if it is uncomfortable and it cost £60. Hey ho will take the chance and keep my fingers crossed!

fatsatsuma Mon 06-Jun-11 18:52:40

I'm also interested in the vango mattress so am hoping someone who has one will come along soon. They certainly seem to get good reviews.

AngryFeet Mon 06-Jun-11 22:40:16

Well I have bought it now fatsatsuma so will let you know soon smile

fatsatsuma Tue 07-Jun-11 10:41:52

Thanks! Hope your first night on it goes well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: