Talk

Advanced search

Costco.... just to say!

(11 Posts)
Wolfgirl Sat 04-Jun-11 14:00:32

Whilst Aldi is doing the self inflatable mats for £12.99 and they inflate to 5cm (which is actually quite good compared to most).... costco are selling a delux one - 7cm for approx. £18. The quality is amazing and for a few quid extra...

Here...

Also, they are selling a really good 3 season sleeping bad for £22.78

Like this...

Oh and one more... they have a Coleman 8D Classic Lantern for £16.80 Like this...

Hope this helps. I bought all three, but will also pick up the 5cm sleep mat from Aldi, as DH happy to sleep on this, and kids too. grin

Wolfgirl Sat 04-Jun-11 14:07:16

Sorry, inflatable mat expands to 7.5cm. Total luxury!

vickster11 Sat 04-Jun-11 16:10:21

Havent been to costco for ages what other camping gear have they got?

Wolfgirl Sat 04-Jun-11 22:10:12

oh, gosh. No BIG tents, funnily enough... am trying to think what else. Think I may have to have another little visit and get back to you, but with a £200 plus spend yesterday, not sure dh will be too delighted LOL

missmakesstuff Sun 05-Jun-11 22:01:39

They do look good - have you slept on the costco one yet? How was it if so? I did consider buying two of the aldi ones and taping them together!

I am so fed up of airbeds, and have a bad back, these do sound good but only 2 in stock when I checked.

Wolfgirl Mon 06-Jun-11 15:36:40

No not used any of it yet, we don't camp till mid August. Also, I'm not dismissing Aldi as I will prob buy a couple of their self inflating mats for the kids, and a single air bed..........

for me grin

Nikkid21 Mon 06-Jun-11 17:08:24

I've had my costco mat for 2 years and it's fantastic. Also got an igloo marine coolbix set really cheap there.

Wolfgirl Mon 06-Jun-11 17:17:24

I'm sure Costco did one of those cool boxes, with a small flap in the lid, so you don't have to open up the whole thing.

I'm after a combi cooler, one you can hook up to the gas cylinder. 'bout £160 though sad but worth it if you only want one box and you end up with that all elusvie summer heat wave we all desire grin

my buys this year are: new LED lantern (big one); luxury inflatable mat; snuggly warm sleeping bag; Kampa Karze toilet

Will be getting as well: x2 single air beds, x2 self inflating mats, a carpet for the tent (not got one, and I think it is beyond essential grin ... what else! Mmmm.... I'm sure there just has to be more. Think I'll start a thread and see what other folk are buying this year smile nosey being that I am!

silverten Tue 07-Jun-11 14:57:17

I don't want to piss on anyone's chips but I've bought four of those Aldi mats in the last two years, and every single one of them has developed a leak after about two weeks of use.

Shame because they are bargaintastic.

How does one shop at Costco? Do you need a card or something?

Wolfgirl Tue 07-Jun-11 19:21:14

Silverten.... really really interesting. The one's we currently have from Lidl or Aldi (can't remember which) have leaks around the valves. I've labled them, as we forget every year. I'm hoping the Costco one's fair much better.

Yes, you have to register and pay an annual fee of about £30 I think. I am a guest on my friends card who is a Trader, so I pay about £15 ish.

Very worth it, but you have to shop smartly with costco. Their stuff is NOT always a bargain, but having said this.... they do sell very good quality stuff. Even their own brand 'Kirkland' is very good.

Wolfgirl Tue 07-Jun-11 19:22:35

We have a bit of cash flow problem at the moment, but as soon as it is cleared, I will buy a couple more of those mats from Costco (you can only pay cash or on your debit card).

Shhhhh.... not telling dh! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: