Talk

Advanced search

Yes yes yes, I know those people at Pedlars...

(8 Posts)
MisSalLaneous Thu 02-Jun-11 20:58:33

are known to sell the most overpriced tat known to mankind, BUT

I love them today. Willing to send them slobbery kisses and everything!

Reason: I got my wood stove. My Frontier stove. grin All delivered within 24 hours of placing my order, and they were the cheapest of all places, supplier direct included. So, whilst I cannot possibly ever see myself being a regular customer, today I am chuffed!

Bring on winter camping! grin

<<sits self down with a cup of camomile tea>>

MisSalLaneous Thu 02-Jun-11 21:22:35

Oh COME ON, come and swoon with me!

SparklyCloud Thu 02-Jun-11 22:48:29

That does look nice smile but surely for your back garden, not camping? Or do I need to get with it grin
My excuse is its been too cold, and whereas last year at this time exactly I was camping, this year i have only gone as far as sorting the camping gear out in the shed. Maybe when the bug finally hits me, wood stoves will make me come over all peculiar grin

MisSalLaneous Thu 02-Jun-11 23:11:07

Nah, a lot of (very sensible) people will never do stoves in tents, so understand where you're coming from there, actually. However, it's to use in cotton bell tent, and I will of course always have a carbon monoxide alarm and fire extinguisher with us, just in case.

I've been lusting after one for ages, but have been put off by the size of them - just not very portable, and we're mostly weekend campers, going to woodlands / tiny campsites (allowing fires). Anyway, this is portable enough - will search for a pic in action in a minute. Love the excuse to extend the camping season a bit.

You can come and join me and my warm tent. grin

MisSalLaneous Thu 02-Jun-11 23:15:26

Portable

MisSalLaneous Thu 02-Jun-11 23:35:37

And sorry, you'll need to scroll all the way down, but photo of stove in a bell tent here

Will stop now. blush

SparklyCloud Fri 03-Jun-11 22:07:07

Wow it IS portable! looks so cosy too. can see why you have gone for it grin

MisSalLaneous Fri 03-Jun-11 23:52:35

smile I'm ridiculously excited. Yes, whilst I've been lusting after a stove for ages, the size / weight has always been an issue as we don't go away for long (or have much space!) Have probably spent years' worth of time searching, but hoping this will be the perfect compromise. Those fanatics people on Song of Paddle or whatever seem impressed, so here's hoping. If all fails, I'll just have to get a canoe and divorce lawyer. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now