Talk

Advanced search

Camping with tent NOT caravan grrr recommendations plz

(8 Posts)
missymarmite Thu 02-Jun-11 17:04:15

Am getting ever so frustrated! I google camping and the majority of sites that come up cater for caravans and/or provide expensive sheds/tipis/yurts/cabins etc....

All I bloody well want is a basic little campsite with a toilet and a shower and running water for under a tenner a night. That is it!

I am thinking of taking my 8yo DS to Bangor (Wales) to visit my birthplace (we live in Devon) in August for a few days. I have a 3 man tent and a suzuki swift.

Thanks

mumpleasemayi Thu 02-Jun-11 17:14:13

Try searching this site www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/
It should throw up some suggestions for you.

missymarmite Thu 02-Jun-11 17:31:29

thanks will take a look

Curiousmama Thu 02-Jun-11 17:34:47

yes uk campsite's good. If you look on camping and caravan club site you can click which ones you want too. Some C&C sites allow non memebers. If you start a thread with 'can you recommend a good (tent) campsite near Bango' then am sure you'll get some good recommendations?

Curiousmama Thu 02-Jun-11 17:35:19

members pah!

Curiousmama Thu 02-Jun-11 17:36:49

found these

JemimaMop Thu 02-Jun-11 17:54:41

If you are happy to be a little bit away from Bangor there are loads of nice campsites in Snowdonia, a lot of which are quite basic. Llyn Gwynant is beautiful and isn't that expensive if it is only you and one child.

missymarmite Thu 02-Jun-11 18:10:27

Thank you thank you thank you. Sorry was getting a bit frustrated looking as I don't have unlimited time to search!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now