Talk

Advanced search

Can someone please help me find/recommend a campsite in the north west.

(10 Posts)
ENormaSnob Thu 02-Jun-11 14:06:19

We are planning our first camping weekend for in 2 weeks time.

Ideally not too far from home, just in case! We are about 15 miles north of manchester.

I would like a nice campsite with good showers and toilets, a playground and a shop. Must be good for dc so they are not under my feet.

Have looked at beacon fell in longridge, riverside in southport and a few in the lakes. There are so many that I can't decide blush

Thanks for any replies.

notwavingjustironing Sat 04-Jun-11 19:09:46

Have a look at Fishpool in Delamere has all of those things and it's right on the edge of Delamere Forest where there are lovely walks. There's also a Go Ape too and it's right behind a pub with lovely food. It's only about 30 mins from South Manchester too. Would post a link but am on phone...

ENormaSnob Mon 06-Jun-11 18:16:16

Ooooh thanks.

Will have a look tonight.

Delamere is lovely and go ape could be fun grin

Lilyloo Mon 06-Jun-11 18:22:05

We are going to Royal Umpire in 2 weeks(10 pound a night in June) and upwood next month, have been to knight stainforth and woodhouse farm both of which i can recommend.

notwavingjustironing Mon 06-Jun-11 20:33:54

Ooh Lily where are those sites ??

Lilyloo Mon 06-Jun-11 20:46:37

royal umpire

knight stainforth

upwood

woodhouse

Best thing is to go on uk campsites , you can search all sites in your chosen area and read reviews on the sights too

ChiddelyPie Mon 06-Jun-11 20:52:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2gorgeousboys Mon 06-Jun-11 21:01:42

How about Castlerigg Farm just outside Keswick - we stayed there at Easter and it was lovely. Good showers and toilets, shop and small cafe on site but no playground.

Other sites we have stayed at in Lakes and enjoyed -

National Trust site at Langdale (playground, decent toilets and showers last time we stayed, shop, couple of pubs nearby)

Church Stile, Nether Wasdale (playground, very nice, warm toilets and showers, pub at end of lane and fab homemade cheese sold at a nearby farm, shop 10 mins drive away)

2gorgeousboys Mon 06-Jun-11 21:02:34

Also can't wait to go to Fisherground Farm - looks fab!

milkysmum Mon 06-Jun-11 21:04:18

Fisherground in the lakes is fab if you have kids with you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now