Talk

Advanced search

Holiday campsite up to 2 hours from Calais?

(8 Posts)
chicaguapa Thu 02-Jun-11 08:50:56

We fancy going over to France for a week in the summer holidays but don't fancy driving for hours across France. Can anyone recommend a nice holiday campsite (ie not just for overnights) up to a couple of hours' drive from the port? Thanks.

crazymum53 Thu 02-Jun-11 18:56:49

In the countryside or near a beach ?

piginmuck Thu 02-Jun-11 18:59:06

Berny Riviere is just over 3 hours but it's an easy drive and worth it!
www.la-croix-du-vieux-pont.com/uk/accueil.php

IDontDoIroning Thu 02-Jun-11 19:16:54

Do you want quiet or busy. Lots of english spoken or not?
I'm at a really nice very quiet site with next to no English in the bay de Somme called le champ neuf. We stayed at croux de vieux p

IDontDoIroning Thu 02-Jun-11 19:20:06

Whoops on iPhone...... croix de vieux pont last year and it's much smaller than that site and it's been very quiet this week although I imagine it's busy in high season. It's a very nice part of france if you like nature and its good for cycling and only about an hour from Calais.

chicaguapa Fri 03-Jun-11 20:57:03

Hi. Happy to have no English speakers around as I can speak French. Beach not required but a pool/ lake would be nice for sunning & swimming. Not sure about busy/ quiet. Don't need a bar or entertainment but would like it to have a holiday feel. Not sure if that last bit helps! hmm Thanks.

3rdnparty Fri 03-Jun-11 21:12:49

have recommended this place loads- area was good local town fab castle & beach

www.chateau-drancourt.com/

has pool but bit cold for ds 5 in May guess better in the summer...

chicaguapa Fri 03-Jun-11 22:09:20

That's two campsites recommended in Baie de Somme! They both look nice, so thank you. I'd seen the Drancourt one in the CCC European brochure so it's good to have a recommendation. I know the other one as it's 'near' Disneyland, so I'll check out the prices.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: