Talk

Advanced search

We have not been blown or washed away-tent is still standing...

(14 Posts)
SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Sun 29-May-11 12:13:47

...and we are still talking to each other.

It is vvv vvv vvv windy though!

So, a badly pitched bell tent seen(I want to take it off them, they don'tdeserve one just because they have an Audi and bunting) and the most gorgeous vw camper that we have been lusting over.

Campsite is absolutely packed!!
I hope you are all surviving too smile

FlorenceMattell Sun 29-May-11 12:24:24

Hi Seashell, where are you?
We are suppose to be going to Norfolk tomorrow, but i'm wondering whether to delay because of weather. Its the wind I don't like cope with rain.

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Sun 29-May-11 12:38:11

New forest-no rain but was whistling over the site yesterday!

MisSalLaneous Sun 29-May-11 17:00:57

That's good to hear, Seashells, I've been wondering how you were all holding up! Here in London weather has improved considerably from Friday, so fingers crossed for all away from home.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 29-May-11 18:21:43

We are in Birmingham, well near anyway. It's very windy here too.

No rain to speak of yet, but not looking dry for packing up tomorrow.

It's cold too, colder than April!!

auntpetunia Sun 29-May-11 20:43:20

We're just outside Lincoln, its been dry but very very cold. Apparently it's gonna chuck it down tonight and all day tomorrow. Lots of people packing up early. We're here till Tuesday so hopefully tent will have a chance to dry.

ReshapeWhileDamp Sun 29-May-11 21:24:56

Just as a matter of interest, how did the badly-pitched bell tent stand up to the weather? grin

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Mon 30-May-11 09:50:43

Bell tent was still standing, but they had pitched the entrance into the wind so it was billowing about and definitely was NOT glamptastic!! Slubber would have a fit if she saw all that flapping canvas wink

We are home-forecast was right. We packed last night and woke to fog and drizzle this am-home by 9am And have had to stick the central heating on!

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Mon 30-May-11 09:54:35

I agree-it was seriously cold! Ds1 has lived in thermals the last 3 days.

Dd2 (7mthd) has done really well! Slept better than at home smile

ReshapeWhileDamp Mon 30-May-11 10:16:55

Ooh dear. Amateur mistake. <tuts> grin

Lovecat Tue 31-May-11 10:02:38

Phew! When you said New Forest and badly-pitched bell tent I thought you were talking about me - but we have a BMW and no bunting (fairy lights, though!). We didn't flap, we pitched away from the wind, but we did have to re-tension (sp?) the guys each morning as it had gone a little 'soft' in the wind overnight.

God, it was cold and windy - but Sunday night was lovely, DH even said he was enjoying himself when he was sitting round the firepit with a glass of wine!

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Tue 31-May-11 14:22:07

Lovecat where were you? We were at roundhill and there were some expertly done bells there too smile

SeaShellsHasSandInHerShoes Tue 31-May-11 14:22:59

And agreed-Sunday night was gorgeous!

Lovecat Tue 31-May-11 15:34:43

Yay smile We were at Long Meadow, between Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst - very little in the way of facilities there, but run by lovely people, right in the Forest and the showers/washing up water were lovely and hot and spotlessly clean. Me and another lady were discussing taking our sleeping bags to the (superwarm) ladies loo to spend the night there on Saturday evening!

Rode a bike for the first time in 10 years and my bum still hasn't forgiven me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now