Talk

Advanced search

What do you sleep on and in?

(6 Posts)
hackingandhewing Sun 29-May-11 11:35:07

Just got our tent. Wondering about airbeds/matressess and sleeping bags/duvets/other?

That's it really.

MamaVoo Mon 30-May-11 09:57:06

Well I just got back from our first camping trip, just me and DS aged 3. I had a single airbed that I'd been given and bought another single (a really big one - Gelert full size single). I put them together with a fleece blanket over the top and a fitted sheet over that. Then we had a super king size winter weight duvet and I took a thick throw to go over DS. We were very cosy and comfy smile

Scholes34 Mon 30-May-11 10:15:26

Prefer airbeds and have stopped buying doubles due to number that have punctured, so just need to buy a new single as required. Have three airbeds about 30 years old each which the DCs sleep on and could possibly last forever. Sleep in a warm sleeping bag and take wool blankets for warmth/weight (I don't like being cold). Sleep in long sleeved tops and pj bottoms (long) and socks. Love being cosily tucked up in the tent, especially when it's raining (as long as I've been to the loo).

hackingandhewing Mon 30-May-11 12:48:43

Thanks for your tips. Have got the DCs a double each but onlu because they were dirt cheap. Will think about single ones next time. Good advice re blankets. I used to love having a blanket int he caravan when I was little!

Can't wait to be cosied up!

Glitterknickaz Mon 30-May-11 13:22:59

I sleep in a sleeping bag, on an airic grin

fluffles Mon 30-May-11 13:27:48

depends on the size of the sleeping area or areas. we have a double air matress which fits our 2man tent perfectly and is good as no way to roll off the side. we cover the matress with a woollen blanket for insulation (we're in scotland) then sleep inside sleeping bags.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: