Talk

Advanced search

what questions to ask?

(3 Posts)
tyaca Sat 28-May-11 20:58:49

virgin camping trip on monday. i hate being new to stuff grin

what questions do i need to know the answer to when we arrive? it's a small, non-ehu site with several fields and woods sites to pitch in, and it allows campfires. what will i need to know when we arrive?

<<and also, what should i be doing with grey water, eg pasta draining and hot water bottle water?>>

ljb11 Sat 28-May-11 22:30:46

How close the toilets are and is their toilet paper. Where is the water supply.
If you like evening/morning sun and where that would be. If you want shelter from trees or would prefer not to have wet trees overhanging you. Where the flat bits are. If you are near the road. Where the loud group of 5 families is.

I've always drained grey water onto the ground.

MisSalLaneous Sun 29-May-11 17:36:39

Not so much what to ask them, but take a small first aid kit that can deal with minor burns, with you. I burned my hand over the fire last time and was in agony. Being a basic site, they didn't have anything except plasters in their kit, and being stupid, I didn't have anything of value in mine! I cried like a baby for a good hour or so, and ended up pouring cold water over my bandaged hand all night. <<drama queen>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: