Talk

Advanced search

Home from first camping trip.

(4 Posts)
carries Sat 28-May-11 09:37:00

and I really enjoyed it. DH, DD 7 yrs and DD 4 yrs and I stayed at Swiss farm in Henley for 5 nights. Only 3 other tents on field so really quiet. The weather was great just a bit windy. It did rain on Thursday but sunny rest of time. Things I would do differently, - put thermals on kids at night, take an extra pillow, taking folding boxes for clothes, kitchen gear, improve my system for freezer blocks being frozen. Other than that, it went really well. I loved the early morning coffee with tent front door open to see the scenery, lack of routine was very relaxing.

Just wanted to tell you seasoned campers smile

waitingtobeamummy Sat 28-May-11 15:23:31

really glad you enjoyed it- we are going in a few weeks and I always think first time in the morning is the nicest time!

vickster11 Sat 28-May-11 16:41:25

I went camping for the first time, next time I will take less. Buy myself and oh thermals. A get a hammer thing that helps to remove the pegs from the ground when they are stuck. And another sleeping bag so I have more room as I love to snuggle and wrap up tight.

For clothes I went into town and got three nylon sports bags one for each of us only £12.

JetLi Sat 28-May-11 20:32:56

Glad you had a good time grin
As for coffee I got hold of a Bodum plastic cafetiere which is perfect for camping.
We broke this years duck last weekend. Twas lovely << sigh >> it l be ages before we go again I think though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now